lightbulb Crypt card redesign

20 Sep 2016 00:59 #78403 by Ke.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2016 00:59 - 20 Sep 2016 01:00 #78404 by Ke.
Last edit: 20 Sep 2016 01:00 by Ke..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
20 Sep 2016 01:19 - 20 Sep 2016 03:09 #78405 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Crypt card redesign
And here are some advance vampires that previously had issues.

The original reason for removing the icon is that there's nothing to match it to — it doesn't seem to make sense to use an icon in this scenario. What do new players match it to? by keeping just disciplines and the clan icon in the side bar you can just say to a new player "You match the icons in this bar to cards you want to play".

Here's what it would look like without the (rubbish) icon as part of the secondary information:

Last edit: 20 Sep 2016 03:09 by Ke.. Reason: images

More
20 Sep 2016 01:45 #78406 by self biased
Replied by self biased on topic Crypt card redesign
Okay. So one of the things that's happening is that we're pretty rapidly running out of real estate on the card. As Ben and Ke have pointed out having two boxes means we really should be putting shit in both. Having two boxes on a crypt card creates a bunch of dead space, too (see Ben's posts to that effect). Someone suggested using Icons to denote sect. this can be done, but Ke does have a point that sect gives us something to put in that text box when a vampire has nothing else going on.

I designed some sect icons for Independents and Laibon to go with the Sabbat and Camarilla Ankhs. the problem that comes up is that an Ankh is basically rectangular, where as the overwhelming majority of Clan Icons are basically square (stares intently at the Assamite :assa: Icon). This can be a problem because using Ankhs for sect icons is pretty natural, but the dimensions will make the sect icons naturally bigger than Clan Icons when justified to width. not to mention where to put the Disciplines, because they sure as fuck all can't go in that bar if they're getting crammed in there with a clan icon, sect icon, advanced icon... &c.

So this is what such a thing could look like:

honestly, it's not my favorite. it just feels unhygienic. Also, I had more, but i super done fucked up and ultimately ragequit. because I accidentally closed a window and didn't save. Needless to say, it was slightly more traditional than what I did manage to save.

More
20 Sep 2016 03:35 - 20 Sep 2016 03:43 #78407 by BenPeal
Replied by BenPeal on topic Crypt card redesign
Hi Ke,

Can we see what the cards would look like using the following specifications as given by the Rules Team, Design Team, and Art Team?

- Fixed text box size (4 lines of text).
- Advanced icon directly below the clan icon instead of at the top of the disciplines.
- Clan name removed.
- "+1 strength", et al, not bolded.
Last edit: 20 Sep 2016 03:43 by BenPeal.

More
20 Sep 2016 06:01 #78408 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Crypt card redesign
Great job!
I like the newest Ke's version. Especially group number looks very good now.
I have few notes and they follow exacly, Ben's, with fixed text box being most important and other more estethic.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds