file Anthololgy Set, or, FU Non EU players

05 Feb 2017 06:51 #80569 by kushiel23

If you are implying that any new cards printed are always better than no new cards being printed at all, I disagree. In a CCG, poorly distributed cards can be a very bad thing.

In the case of a game that's been dead for years, and is now getting cards printed for it due to the work of a group of volunteers, when there was every indication that there'd never be any more cards printed? Printed by a successful company which, if they see enough interest in the very limited printrun that they've got planned, are much more likely to take the next step of releasing more sets of new cards? For a game in which rarity and power have almost never had any direct relationship?

In that context, you're cranky because "but the cards aren't properly distributed"? Really?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, ruiza97

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2017 20:49 #80582 by ruiza97
I know. Thats what makes this hilarious.

Prince of Dallas
Toreador Grand Ball: Dallas
August 13, 2022

More
06 Feb 2017 11:05 #80593 by fredsct

If you are implying that any
In that context, you're cranky because "but the cards aren't properly distributed"? Really?

Yep. I guess these point just don't impress me that much.

Fred

More
06 Feb 2017 12:51 #80596 by Bunter
I can think of very few situations where it is not a good idea to get cards printed after such a long period with no new cards entering the vtes bloodstream. Sure it would be preferable to not be exclusive to any one event but if the choice was print them and tie it to an event or print nothing then it is Imo clearly far better to print. The goodwill of the community will I am sure make sets available to non eu players and it seems likely to me that this model could be used at a future NAC if seen as successful by the stakeholders.

In short the pros significantly outweigh the cons.

More
07 Feb 2017 19:53 - 07 Feb 2017 19:54 #80607 by talonz
Cards in print mean nothing outside of the small (by comparison to the whole population of players) number of attendees that will have access to it.

Release sale to anyone worldwide after the event and there will be no problem. Doing anything less simply enables the scalpers to benefit.
Last edit: 07 Feb 2017 19:54 by talonz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fredsct

More
08 Feb 2017 01:49 #80615 by self biased

Cards in print mean nothing outside of the small (by comparison to the whole population of players) number of attendees that will have access to it. [citation needed]

I have to admit that i'm still pretty salty about all the hoops that I will have to jump through to get this set (though not as salty as some), but I still recognize that getting cards printed > not getting cards printed.

It'd be baller as fuck if there were a teensy bit more transparency on White Wolf's end and if they planned to make the Anthology set available to the rest of us schlubs. Maybe all us concerned citizens should email white wolf. If enough noise is made, perhaps we'd at least get an answer to our questions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds