lock Card name change suggestion

18 Jul 2018 09:47 - 18 Jul 2018 09:54 #88940 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Card name change suggestion
The problem here, as I see it, is that general public did not understand what racism really is. They know, mostly from US cultural dominance, that "N word" is bad, even if it's widely used by African-Americans, so they've made some crazy logical construct in their minds connecting slavery, civil rights movement and this word. So in their mind racism is using a word against which some ethnic minority with a history of oppression is actively protesting.

So if there is no Romani Martin Luther King Jr., who is leading widespread movement, publicly connecting 1000 (!) year history of persecution with the "G word", than there is no racism at all. Or that if we remove "Gypsies" card and other "offensive words", but leave Ravnos clan as is, than there will be no racism in the game.

Actually I think there will be more racism in the game if currently obscure card will be added to ban list (or list of erratas) and as a consequence widely advertised to all playerbase and even to non players, showing interest in VtES.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 18 Jul 2018 09:54 by elotar.
The topic has been locked.
More
18 Jul 2018 11:41 #88941 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Card name change suggestion

The problem here, as I see it, is that general public did not understand what racism really is. They know, mostly from US cultural dominance, that "N word" is bad, even if it's widely used by African-Americans, so they've made some crazy logical construct in their minds connecting slavery, civil rights movement and this word. So in their mind racism is using a word against which some ethnic minority with a history of oppression is actively protesting.

So if there is no Romani Martin Luther King Jr., who is leading widespread movement, publicly connecting 1000 (!) year history of persecution with the "G word", than there is no racism at all. Or that if we remove "Gypsies" card and other "offensive words", but leave Ravnos clan as is, than there will be no racism in the game.

Actually I think there will be more racism in the game if currently obscure card will be added to ban list (or list of erratas) and as a consequence widely advertised to all playerbase and even to non players, showing interest in VtES.

Build a core with reprints of Jyhad, VtES, Ancient Heats and Dark Sovereigns, banning all cards from these sets that are not reprinted in this core.
That way there is no more obscure cards coming up in lists or anything.

Brujah needs a better Inner Circle and Ventrue need a better Justicar.
Malks need better G1, Brujah and Nosferatu as well.

Staples can be reprinted, rules can be tweaked.

Add 180 cardboard counters like FFG ones for Netrunner, double sided with :blood: and :pool: on different side.
More
18 Jul 2018 13:04 - 18 Jul 2018 13:05 #88943 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Card name change suggestion

Build a core with reprints of Jyhad, VtES, Ancient Heats and Dark Sovereigns, banning all cards from these sets that are not reprinted in this core.

Actually this is not so bad an idea for moving VtES forward.
Rule "You may play with old cards only if they are reprinted in BC products" sounds much more elegant than long banned list.

If BC will not reprint any Assamites, Giovanni and Ravnos, than even the problem with the racism will be solved. :P

Actually, what really the game will lose without this clans? SpeedShamblers, ClownCar and one flavour of PowerBleed?

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 18 Jul 2018 13:05 by elotar.
More
18 Jul 2018 13:20 #88944 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Card name change suggestion
Wait, wait.

I'm not saying to ban full clans forever.
I'm saying to renew interest and reprint what is good and fun.
Maybe some erratas.
Also, throw new crypt 1 and 2 vamps in there, for everyone to have interest.

Just start with a new core.
Revision all WtoC material in phases, starting with a Core.

One or two years later, do a Sabbat/SW core.
More
18 Jul 2018 14:17 #88945 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Card name change suggestion
I was under the impression that instead of doing a core assortment (in which case I'd say it would be better off if the Library cards were along the lines of CE of KoT), BCP's interest was doing an all-in-one box so it would be an easy jump in point for beginners.

You know, 4-5 (preferably latter) decks and all the necessary gear needed for a game of VTES.

Add up core set to that and whoops it is so much out of price range that way fewer people will pick it up.

Also core set boxes for VTES are mighty problematic as you have no card limit and core sets tend to have hundreds of cards so probably not that many copies each on a core box. Meaning people will need to purchase quite a few to be able to play with decks requiring 10-20 copies of a card.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
  • Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
18 Jul 2018 14:32 #88946 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Card name change suggestion
Can we bury the discussion ? It's game about damn murdering abusing terrorizing and raping vampiric monsters. And people are bringing things that they feel offended ? Really ? You are not offended when one vampire rape each other's mind and kill people right and left, but you are screaming if some are called nigger or gypsy? Can i point you to damn 'my little pony' card game ? Any by whom = by americans who started hundred wars and are currently raping and bombing sovereign countries ? FUCK USA.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds