lock Card name change suggestion

18 Jul 2018 15:43 #88954 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Card name change suggestion

I was under the impression that instead of doing a core assortment (in which case I'd say it would be better off if the Library cards were along the lines of CE of KoT), BCP's interest was doing an all-in-one box so it would be an easy jump in point for beginners.

I do not think it's a conflicting goals. You need starter set for a new players, but you also need some way for them to develop their decks, and it must be deep enough to make deckbuilding process interesting.

Obviously it's better to do around some core concept of several basic clans with interloping disciplines.

Possibility to get rid of some both offensive clan concepts and stupid useless mono-clan disciplines like :qui: is a side benefit. ;)

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
The topic has been locked.
More
18 Jul 2018 15:54 #88955 by LivesByProxy
@Lech: As an American, there is a difference between our Nation and our Govt. The vast majority of the American people don't want to be meddling in the affairs of other countries or fighting wars, but our Govt is a separate entity beyond our control, unfortunately.

(But wait, wasn't Trump trying to cut US defense spending on foreign (European) countries? Will this coincide with a decreased military presence in those countries? HMMMmmmm)

@SelfBiased: I'm all for being inclusive, but the absolute wrong way to go about it is: "Are you brown/black/yellow/blue? Well, golly geez, do we have the clan for you!" or trying to fill some arbitrary POC representation quota.

The reality is that the majority of the people who play card & board games are overwhelmingly male, white men. As someone living in the Southern US where the black population is approx. 45-50%, if I go to my FLGS the breakdown is 75% men, and 85% white people. I don't think VTES has ever had a problem representing the demographics of the world (vampire or otherwise), but if we're shooting for a target demographic to get into this game, it should be white women IMO.

Relevant:

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.
More
18 Jul 2018 15:54 #88956 by elotar

Regarding usa, in Poland there station usa-spineless-murderers-soldiers, de facto occupying my country. I have every right to insult them.

This is interesting view on things because russian ... soviet troops ... Unified Armed Forces of the Treaty of Friendship, Cooperation and Mutual Assistance was kind of pushed out from Poland by the same people, who, as it seems, now struggling under the dirty Feet of Evil US Imperialist Machine.

:lol:

More
18 Jul 2018 16:06 - 18 Jul 2018 16:16 #88957 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Card name change suggestion
I hated on soviet troops just as much as on usa troops today. It's cancer to be occupied. My hatred is ofc focused on your government @LivesByProxy, i don't even like my government why would i like something that is way worse.

But again regarding the game, it's now impossible to touch one concept (gypsies) without touching others (assamite, setite, ravnos, giovanni) to not break the entire game. It's thus pointless to bring cornercases like gypsies (cards that NO ONE PLAY AND NO ONE WILL PLAY), it's better to just let it rot and try to create now interesting vampires and themes.No one will reprint those cards, because they are weak, not because they are offensive. Seriously self-biased bring more harm to his cause than good.

Also, the setting is meant to be offensive, it's based on world of darkness, thus using strong themes is fully justified. We, as humans, should know it's just a game based upon fiction that is portraying world even worse than one we currently belong to.

Regarding diversity, well, the game mostly portrays western civilization (as is, mexico-usa-canada+ western europe). What was exact proportions of skin tone in those countries in 90'? What was exact proportions of people playing MtG in those years?

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 18 Jul 2018 16:16 by Lech.
More
18 Jul 2018 16:10 #88958 by elotar

I don't think VTES has ever had a problem representing the demographics of the world (vampire or otherwise), but if we're shooting for a target demographic to get into this game, it should be white women IMO.

Actually I think shooting for a white women is not only racist but also sexist. :P

But it still will be a good point to look at player types other than highly competitive experienced tournament players when thinking about the ways to develop the game. My experience shows that it never work in discussions at this forum, thow. :P

More
18 Jul 2018 16:15 #88959 by self biased

Self biased! I understand you have some sort of inner compulsion to fight racism, but trust me, here is none! That game is outside any of this 21th century snowflake pride stuff, please keep it that way. Play the game for what it is... A cardgame originated in a roleplaying game of the '90s, using its terminology and background... Word of Darkness... a much grimmer and darker reflection of our world... ring a bell?

please explain to me how using racist terminology is essential to the overall feel and tone of the game?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ratadin
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds