file Reforming the VEKN rating system ?

23 Apr 2021 08:17 #102118 by Lönkka
Talking about the fear of losing ratings as the reason for not attending tournaments is grasping at straws at best.

Not al people like to play online which probably is the actual reason...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
23 Apr 2021 09:44 #102120 by Timo
I guess either you misunderstood what I said or I misspoke (miswrote ?) what I wanted to express.

What I tried to say is that if we want to design a new rating system, we have to take into account the few players who really care about it and who (maybe) would not want to play too many tournament in order not to loose rating points ^^

More
23 Apr 2021 14:05 - 23 Apr 2021 14:07 #102123 by Vlad
If they don't wanna play because they fear losing rating points maybe they should leave/quit the game ! Lol

My favorite quote for a long time was : "I almost made a VP" and I Always had a good time playing with people in UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Finland, New York or at 3 ECs...

It's a GAME and we are not supposed to fear anything (except spilling water / beer on unsleeved cards...)

So I believe any kind of Tournament should be sanctioned, except if you play banned cards, not 90 library or Table of 13 or rule that every Methuselah has only 2 MPAs (the Storyline and BYOS are there for this reason).

My 2 cents.

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:
Last edit: 23 Apr 2021 14:07 by Vlad.

More
23 Apr 2021 17:00 #102125 by beslin igor

Actually having a few players not wanting to play more tournaments due to possible loss in rating is a few too many.

Maybe something could be designed with that in mind ?

Timo,I beleive how good players beleive how they have skill to enter in finals,and with entering in finals that mean how they play good preliminary rounds,and if they play good then cannot lose ratings.
I say earlier how is best use FIFA sistem where finalist cannot lose ratings in finals game.

More
24 Apr 2021 05:04 #102137 by kschaefer

Didn't VEKN use an ELO-like system for rating in the past? Didn't we move away from it because it doesn't work in a complex, multi-player game?

Really? i dint know that. 
If posible I would like to read rules this old rating sistem,maybe can be improved somehow.
Current rating sistem help players who can play more games,because you can only increase ratings. by using ELO sistem you lose rating when play badly.
look current vekn tabela,where is last Europe champion in this list? players with more tournament  " eat him for the breakfast " 

I did the work for you, to some extent.  Here's the thread for when the rating was changed from ELO:
groups.google.com/g/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/c/kiDI2a0-Ouc/m/KqkxDb6zEMYJ

The following user(s) said Thank You: Timo, lip

More
24 Apr 2021 08:09 #102139 by beslin igor

Didn't VEKN use an ELO-like system for rating in the past? Didn't we move away from it because it doesn't work in a complex, multi-player game?

Really? i dint know that. 
If posible I would like to read rules this old rating sistem,maybe can be improved somehow.
Current rating sistem help players who can play more games,because you can only increase ratings. by using ELO sistem you lose rating when play badly.
look current vekn tabela,where is last Europe champion in this list? players with more tournament  " eat him for the breakfast " 

I did the work for you, to some extent.  Here's the thread for when the rating was changed from ELO:
groups.google.com/g/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/c/kiDI2a0-Ouc/m/KqkxDb6zEMYJ

Tnx Karl,will read later. there is LSJ link how him explain ELO: forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-to-realize-elo-in-a-multiplayer-game-anyway.111926/?fbclid=IwAR2mAqlRSAXS1yv2_Rla1_v7MPrJDI1R-dGE3j3oIi2t20a9_JniYdwGJ7w

I share this topic in vekn fb group and there LSJ share this link

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds