file Reforming the VEKN rating system ?

22 Apr 2021 19:35 #102108 by lip
On the other hand, I don't think that a rating system that encourages players to play more tournaments is a bad thing, you know.

The whole point IMO is to get more players to the game, and more players to tournaments...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2021 19:52 #102109 by beslin igor

On the other hand, I don't think that a rating system that encourages players to play more tournaments is a bad thing, you know.

The whole point IMO is to get more players to the game, and more players to tournaments...

So you think to people afraid to play more tournaments because they scared to they can lose rating.
I dont beleive,rating is just for fun,players dont get any payment based on higher rating.
Rating need to be more realistic,to beter players have fair chance to be in top rating list even if they have less chance to play tournaments.
Is just mine opinion. Will rating sistem be changed,I dont beleive for now,but i wanted to represent me idea,and I do that. 

More
22 Apr 2021 21:20 #102110 by Timo
Actually having a few players not wanting to play more tournaments due to possible loss in rating is a few too many.

Maybe something could be designed with that in mind ?

More
22 Apr 2021 21:49 #102111 by lip
@Igor Sure, you make good points. I value your opinion, please continue to share.

I must say I'm not sure myself which side has my preference.

More
22 Apr 2021 21:53 #102113 by thelonius reloaded
I just think that rating is just a fun thing in vtes, not a real value of a player. We are a small community and (at least in Europe), you usually know who the strong player are.

In the name of this ranking there have been countries and NC who organized like 9 continental qualifiers in a year only to increase their rating point gaining so...

on a national base we managed to have our local ranking to give prizes at the end of a year of tournament, and that worked pretty well just because it was a 50 player base.

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy

More
23 Apr 2021 07:07 #102117 by Timo
Actually I kind of agree about the "fun" part of the ranking in VTES ^^.

It is just something that exists and the question i ask here is not really if the system must be changed (I really think it is not a necessity) but rather what would be a "better" system.

And maybe, if a "better" system is designed it could be implemented sometime in the future ^^

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds