file Reforming the VEKN rating system ?

25 Apr 2021 18:13 #102144 by Lönkka

I guess either you misunderstood what I said or I misspoke (miswrote ?) what I wanted to express.

I don't now if you're referring to me, but my comment was made based on Beslin's comment: "So you think to people afraid to play more tournaments because they scared to they can lose rating."

But if you too said something in the similar vein then, sure, it also applies to youe comment... ;)

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
27 Apr 2021 13:03 #102172 by beslin igor
I also share this topic in vekn fb group,not much answers,but i will share one interestic idea by one player:

" There is always the possibility to use both scores. " 

If that posible? and can someone share any formula and explanation in time when is ELO used?

More
27 Apr 2021 13:52 #102173 by Ankha

I also share this topic in vekn fb group,not much answers,but i will share one interestic idea by one player:

If that posible? and can someone share any formula and explanation in time when is ELO used?

From what I read previously, ELO was considered at some point and discarded. I don't see why it would be more relevant now.

Also, it's always possible to do things, if people are willing on working on it. On my side, I don't have the time for that.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: beslin igor

More
27 Apr 2021 15:58 #102176 by Damnans

and can someone share any formula and explanation in time when is ELO used?

This was the formula used.

Tournament results had to be submitted in chronological order.

web.archive.org/web/20011031202322/http://www.white-wolf.com/VTES/veknCalc.html

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: beslin igor

More
27 Apr 2021 19:50 #102177 by Ankha

From what I read previously, ELO was considered at some point and discarded. I don't see why it would be more relevant now.

Also, it's always possible to do things, if people are willing on working on it. On my side, I don't have the time for that.

As a side-note, only the final results are kept in the database, the round results as well as the whole archon are discarded by the system. It is therefore not possible to simulate the ELO rating on past tournaments.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds