times future promos

16 Nov 2012 07:08 - 16 Nov 2012 07:14 #41084 by ReverendRevolver
A few months back, I made up a list of vamps that had been printed in some sort of very limited way, primarily as precon only vampires, and I may be alone in this, but I think reprints of these on modern card frames could be good promos. anyway, here's the important part of the list :
Sascha Vykos (base)
Terrence
Fatima
Silvia Giovanni
Isabel Giovanni
Khalil Ravana
Ankla Hotep
Eddie Gaines
Sundown
Bobby Lemon
Beckett (base)
Lord Ashton
Antonio

and that's where the list goes from hard to find to still in circulation sets. but that's not all I had in mind.

something Mtg used to do, like in expansions years ago (fallen empires thallids jump to mind) is have alternate art for the same card. and I think that's even better for vtes than mtg.

imagine alternate art promos as snazzy prizes at continental events. maybe with a gold shiny emblem similar to the tenth anniversary cards, with the outline of each continent and the 2 digit year.
the vamps I had in mind were :

Arika , Anneke , Dmitra , Owain,Nikolaus Vermilion, Little Taylor of Prague , Beckett , Carna, Fatima, Gabrin , Isabel, Nkthorheb, Maldavis, Jimmy Dunn, and Rachel Brandywine (i have one more on my list but can't read my own writing)

Also, alternate art library cards like:

Sense dep , prwturnatural strength, entombment, mind rape, Carlton VanWyk, Charisma, etc.

thoughts?
Last edit: 16 Nov 2012 07:14 by ReverendRevolver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: extrala, Raznuts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2012 09:44 - 16 Nov 2012 09:45 #41095 by Pendargon
Replied by Pendargon on topic Re: future promos
Fatima and Ankla Hotep are already promo vampires, i think

edit : and Carna and Rachel brandywine are easy to get a hold of, as they were part of Bloodshadowed court expansion, still videly available and cheapish to buy/find

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:
Last edit: 16 Nov 2012 09:45 by Pendargon.

More
16 Nov 2012 09:59 - 16 Nov 2012 09:59 #41096 by Boris The Blade
Replied by Boris The Blade on topic Re: future promos
IIRC the Ravnos promo was Khalil, not Ankla Hotep. But anyway, those promos were released even before Final Nights and only with the books, so that does not really help with availability.
Last edit: 16 Nov 2012 09:59 by Boris The Blade.

More
16 Nov 2012 10:30 #41099 by Amenophobis
Replied by Amenophobis on topic Re: future promos

IIRC the Ravnos promo was Khalil, not Ankla Hotep. But anyway, those promos were released even before Final Nights and only with the books, so that does not really help with availability.

It was Khalil and Ankla.
Assamites had Fatima and Parmenides, Setites Hesha and Intisar, IIRC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squidalot

More
16 Nov 2012 12:01 #41109 by Squidalot
Replied by Squidalot on topic Re: future promos
Carl is correct - they were available from different soruces e.g. different shaded Fatima in Scrye maybe

All the fn pairs and sw pairs were given away by WW in various tournament packs (though I can only think of Kyle for !ven) so they are kicking around but potentially not in the best of numbers, however if possible alternate art for cards would be very cool

More
16 Nov 2012 12:09 #41111 by mikelosaurus
Replied by mikelosaurus on topic Re: future promos

Carl is correct - they were available from different soruces e.g. different shaded Fatima in Scrye maybe

All the fn pairs and sw pairs were given away by WW in various tournament packs (though I can only think of Kyle for !ven) so they are kicking around but potentially not in the best of numbers, however if possible alternate art for cards would be very cool

The other !Ven was Vincent Day I think.

IIRC it was because 2 vamps were printed in the starters and not in the boosters so they were offered seperately as promos so people didn't need to buy more starters.

Read my new blog: gameaholicblog.wordpress.com

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds