times future promos

17 Nov 2012 10:55 #41139 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Re: future promos
(My phone wouldn't let me scroll to edit)
Oh, and gift all the.way. alt art of similar theme would be amazing. my favorite val card is AoCF but that's a far cry from being like the other cards.

its worth noting that when I say I'd like a Lawrence Snelly Gabrin alt art, I meant in the style of Torvus and Frankel , the cool face effect stuff from AE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2012 23:33 #41249 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: future promos

Back on topic, would it be best to get the original artists to do the alt art? I think I'd prefer Christopher Shy to do Nikolaus and maybe Lawrence Snelly or someone like that do Gabrin.

Could we have almost anyone else do artwork for both of those? We've got enough Christopher Shy artwork in the game. And Lawrence Snelly has done some good stuff, but I'd prefer to have VTES starting to cut an image as a proving ground for new talent than a vehicle for the 'those who've made it' to fund their retirement.

I think it would be a great legacy, and really increase the profile for the game, if the art community knew that VTES would be willing to print art by 'outsiders' or 'no-names' IF those artists are good.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
20 Nov 2012 01:14 #41256 by ReverendRevolver
I think we could very well become a proving ground for new artists. as long as the work was good, thatwould be a big step in the right direction.

More
19 Dec 2012 14:03 #43117 by Lemminkäinen
Replied by Lemminkäinen on topic Re: future promos

AoT is one of the only 2 cards in the game that get around UHF and force of Will (concordance being the other).

Heart of Darkness ?

More
19 Dec 2012 16:51 #43122 by ReverendRevolver
you know, i always forget about that card existing, because i just found out about it randomly a few months back. i need to acquire some copies, but it floors me i never noticed it before. i concede, i've been out-obscure-carded.

i'd actually posted the reply from my phone and remembered about 3 days later my folly, but didn't feel like editing it. you caught me.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds