times future promos

17 Nov 2012 00:08 #41125 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Re: future promos
I suppose gift would do the job. I always thought of that as on par with hags wrinkles more than the other cards, but I suppose that works.

Engling is better, I suppose. idont play that clan, and unlike some bloodlines, the cats seem to do better with just the less hard to find spiritus cards. (As opposed to a sirens lure, n guard, or armor of terra being pivotal at times)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2012 00:28 - 17 Nov 2012 00:28 #41126 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: future promos

or armor of terra being pivotal at time

Unrelated to the discussion : it seem some people feel the Armor of Terra card playable. I never really tried it because at first glance it look so comically bad that I did not even tried it. I suppose it is worth a try at the very least.
Last edit: 17 Nov 2012 00:28 by Ohlmann.

More
17 Nov 2012 02:56 #41127 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: future promos

I suppose gift would do the job. I always thought of that as on par with hags wrinkles more than the other cards, but I suppose that works.

Engling is better, I suppose. idont play that clan, and unlike some bloodlines, the cats seem to do better with just the less hard to find spiritus cards. (As opposed to a sirens lure, n guard, or armor of terra being pivotal at times)

Basically, Engling Fury is a card that can go to all Ahrimane decks, Muricia's Call only to very retainer heavy ones (and even for those, Pack Alpha is often better).

The main difference between Gift of Bellona and Hag's Wrinkles is that !salubri are lot more reliant on equipment than samedi, and also the crypt, !salubri have lot of weenies who don't have fortitude, whereas most Samedi are fairly big and have it so can just as well use freak drive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
17 Nov 2012 10:34 #41135 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: future promos
Gift of Bellona also guarantees that a Weapon Equip action actually works (even if it counts as a blocked action, they still get the weapon).

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
17 Nov 2012 10:40 #41136 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: future promos
The main problem with Belladona's gift is that melee weapon (except WWS) tend to be too expensive or generally suck, and melee-weapon only card for !Salubri are average. Hag's work on more powerful card, even if its effect is less good.

More
17 Nov 2012 10:49 #41137 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Re: future promos

or armor of terra being pivotal at time

Unrelated to the discussion : it seem some people feel the Armor of Terra card playable. I never really tried it because at first glance it look so comically bad that I did not even tried it. I suppose it is worth a try at the very least.

its almost not worth it. I would go as far as to say that its currently not worth playing non-slave gargoyles without it. as the crow makes it solid. its built in prevent one pays for itself quickly, and it lets you cut in some force of Will so that bleed pressure isn't just from retainers and junk leverage.
AoT is one of the only 2 cards in the game that get around UHF and force of Will (concordance being the other).

now that I've said all that, group 2 Indy gargoyles are maybe tier 3 anyway, and incredibly hard to win with. I've been trying off and on for years. so your analysis of AoT may or may not be 100% correct, but the deck its for is almost comically bad.

Engling seems much better than call, now that I actually think about it. spiritus cards plus ani combat and StSw are more than enough to get out retainers and still win.

Back on topic, would it be best to get the original artists to do the alt art? I think I'd prefer Christopher Shy to do Nikolaus and maybe Lawrence Snelly or someone like that do Gabrin.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds