file New set in 2012

22 Dec 2011 21:51 #19097 by talonz
Replied by talonz on topic Re: New set in 2012
That seems to answer someones posted link on printing our own cards. What I am referring to are actual proxies, ie: writing on wallpaper cards the title and icon of some other card (in this case a pdf card), and having the pdf card printed seperately for reference/replacement of proxy once the proxy is put into play. Thus allowing for a non sleeved deck.

But yeah id like to see a spoiler as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2011 02:22 - 23 Dec 2011 03:05 #19113 by Boris The Blade
Replied by Boris The Blade on topic Re: New set in 2012
That sounds like a reasonable compromise. One could argue that it is confusing to your opponents since they do not have the right visual information on the card, but I don't think it is so inconvenient: we already play with token Disarm or Powerbase: Montreal all the time when the owner is ousted and wants to pack his cards.
Last edit: 23 Dec 2011 03:05 by Boris The Blade.

More
23 Dec 2011 02:58 #19115 by talonz
Replied by talonz on topic Re: New set in 2012
Well its a simple thing to slap the pdf print version over the proxy once its in play, if it is a stay in play kind of card. Or flip up the pdf version beside your library for reference once the proxy is played. The proxy is therefore just a placeholder within the deck, to allow for an all vtes backed card deck w/o sleeves.

More
23 Dec 2011 05:12 #19119 by salem
Replied by salem on topic Re: New set in 2012
This sounds like a reasonable avenue to explore as a compromise. You'd want to have some restrictions/ requirements attached like making sure the PDF is available for any player to refer to, making sure there was no way to pretend the proxy was never a proxy at all and was in fact its actual face card, etc, but it seems to not be too much additional burden for the rule book or player wanting to use the new card.

--
salem

More
23 Dec 2011 07:15 #19123 by Amenophobis
Replied by Amenophobis on topic Re: New set in 2012

Nope, just burnt out from long days at work and the christmas rush. I have read your replies and found portions of them informative, thanks. Keep in mind I did pm johannes with answers to some of his questions (not related to the set itself).

For the record, I was never trolling, and no one answered my question on whether homemade proxies without sleeves would be acceptable. But either way I dont think this conversation has any further steam to it. I am resigned to the fact that the pdf set will happen and the abhorent sleeves requirement along with it.

I hate it, but there it is.

I'm sorry if I sounded overly harsh. I apologize for calling you a troll, which seemingly is not so. :)

As far as I can see, homemade proxied in casual games would be fine. It's the tournaments where you will be required to use sleeves. What you do in friendly games is entirely up to you and your players. No argument here.

Keep on playing VTES! B)

More
03 Jan 2012 11:10 #19772 by XZealot
Replied by XZealot on topic Re: New set in 2012
My question is "If these printed proxies for the new set are legal are printed proxies from older sets tournament legal as well?"

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds