file The future of V:TES

18 Sep 2012 19:24 #37188 by Juggernaut1981

This is totally relative to your perspective.
I'd hardly call this a dead hobby.
But not vigorously alive either...

Undead, perhaps? ;)

Argh! It's the Zombie-pocalypse!! Who here has :NEC:??? They're clearly to blame!

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2012 21:19 #37203 by david.tatu
Replied by david.tatu on topic Re: The future of V:TES
I was thinking of discipline based boosters: 15 or 20 cards, all POT for instance. Maybe one of each or it could be one of a few and two or three of others if you wanted a rarity system.

Do the same think with Vampires with booster packs by grouping and include some clan specific cards. There would be a few choices for each booster pack so buy them all and have every card of that discipline or Clan.

I guess some master packs and disciplineless card packs too (combat, allies, votes, equipment).

I don't see the need for anything random.

And Hunter packs of course.

David Tatu
V:EKN Scribe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Dorrinal

More
19 Sep 2012 01:51 #37209 by jtroyve
Replied by jtroyve on topic Re: The future of V:TES
i'm still skeptical on full print on demand being economically feasible. That's a huge number of cards/plates to maintain with no sure orders for 90% of the cards.

on discipline/clan boosters, it'd be really nice. however, without a kickstarter to count how many orders for each clan/discipline, we won't know how much to print. and in that case, someone has to take the brunt and store inventory. just hope that somebody buys it sooner or later.

if we go by the lcq route, we'd still have the problem of specific clan/discipline packs not being available when a new player comes in when it's not in print cycle.

anyways, here're my long shot suggestions:

1. for VtES 5th Ed, print non-bloodline discipline cards in its most basic forms.
eg. Bleed for Dom/Dem, Stealth for Obf, Intercept for Aus, etc. Print Vampire with Capacities from 4-7 only. add a few generic allies, masters, retainers, and weapons. a box or 2 will get you a complete set of everything with necessary numbers.

2. Release expansions that add the clans, the weenies, then the fatties, then weapons, then disciplines in chapter packs. there are better people that can describe this. haha.

3. for the love of the game, remove antitribu.

4. can we do anything about the current stock of unopened boosters and starters? re-purpose them to usable starter decks, and throw out the garbage? maybe hold a contest to create decks from the remaining inventory and kickstarter the orders before opening up the boxes?

More
19 Sep 2012 04:01 #37214 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: The future of V:TES

My daughter plays... she's 12 and really likes to punch things.

Ah! The new generation is coming! :D

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
19 Sep 2012 04:35 #37217 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: The future of V:TES

3. for the love of the game, remove antitribu.

To be honest, I believe this is a bad idea. I love to keep antitribu and tribu different gameplay-wise, and if we try to keep them apart gameplay-wise, then it is much less confusing to keep them as separate clan.

Also, it make mixed sabbat / camarilla deck harder to use, which is better in my opinion.

Lastly, even if they were no trouble doing this, this fringe into the "sake for change's sake" territory for me.

More
19 Sep 2012 05:20 #37229 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Re: The future of V:TES
Guys, you are misunderstanding the economy of the CCG. In such small volumes as expected for VTES if you’ll drop the “ridiculous need to buy boxes of boosters”, then you’ll have to significantly raise the price of starters/boxes with good cards/other “value suggestions” just to cover costs.

So for the new players it became even harder to join the game – more money for the starter and no spare commons from friends.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds