file The future of V:TES

19 Sep 2012 09:36 - 19 Sep 2012 09:37 #37273 by jtroyve
Replied by jtroyve on topic Re: The future of V:TES
Not saying we remove the difference between tremere and tremere anti. just make it tremere cam and tremere sabbat. Only cam will have access to chantry, while sabbat to nephandus. this way it'd be simpler to explain.

Gianggazello is one example. he's camarilla but he can use lasombra resources? correct me if im wrong.

There will be no other change. sabbat nos will still have better discipline spreads than cam nos, who will have bette titles.

Of course, this is just a suggestion. and not even an original one. i think i read this back in pathofblood or the newsgroup.
Last edit: 19 Sep 2012 09:37 by jtroyve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2012 09:52 - 19 Sep 2012 09:53 #37277 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: The future of V:TES

Not saying we remove the difference between tremere and tremere anti. just make it tremere cam and tremere sabbat. Only cam will have access to chantry, while sabbat to nephandus. this way it'd be simpler to explain.

I find it more simple to treat them as separate clans, just as True Brujah and Brujah is not the same clan.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 19 Sep 2012 09:53 by Ankha.

More
19 Sep 2012 09:54 #37278 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: The future of V:TES

Well, there will be two consequence for me :
* more confusion, since they would be a massive number of errata, no more different icon for antitribu and camarilla
* easier camarilla / sabbat mixing, since for example you could con boon across the camarilla / sabbat rift ; that, or significant nerf to anarch, since if you add sect to con boon anarch con boon will not catch camarilla member and vice versa.

That's why I am less then thrilled by that. For me it's a false good idea.

Gianggazello is one example. he's camarilla but he can use lasombra resources? correct me if im wrong.

Yes, and the same for assamite and !assamite. Assamite is somewhat justified in that !assamite are not that cut from the main clan. Gianggazello seem to be lasombra camarilla instead of !lasombra for simplicity.

More
19 Sep 2012 12:06 #37287 by ReverendRevolver
I find it irrational that anti malks can't act thru madness network when their only vtm difference from the original clan is an additional derangement upon character creation.

but, the game had had seperate clans for sabbat since the sect was added to the game, so its pretty embedded at this point.

the anti ventrue and city gangrel are in fact so different than the cam clans that it makes perfect sense.

but even as wall enthusiast, I don't think the clans should merge, but I do think that both nos and anti nos should has the same clan cards availible, since they are moreconcerned with being nos and watching for the nictuku than seperate based on sect in most cases in the Canon.

saucy as the antitribu bugged me initially as a vtm player when I started playing vtes, it makes sense for vtes even if it does mean 15 clans identified by disciplines instead.of just 13 due to gangrel and ventrue in sabbat not matching their parent clan. for which I'm very thankful in the case of anti ventrue.

with anti ravnos and assamites it would add a whole unsupported bloodline and clutter up even more design space for no.reason if they were seperate.

More
19 Sep 2012 12:12 #37290 by Squidalot
Replied by Squidalot on topic Re: The future of V:TES
Yes bu anti ventrue different discpline mix is also and error (though a wod error)

More
19 Sep 2012 12:16 #37291 by Squidalot
Replied by Squidalot on topic Re: The future of V:TES
Anyway if you were going to reboot parts of the game antitribu is one you probably would do if you wanted to fix to wod (rather than canon per se) (it was also WW designer intent that it go but not possible to do post Sabbat).

More keywords might be another

less mechanics could be another

I don't think any of these are likely to happen with a POD set as it'll be about doing things in a relatively quick fashion without a lot of redesign.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds