file The future of V:TES

19 Sep 2012 20:54 - 19 Sep 2012 21:13 #37312 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: The future of V:TES

It would be really helpful if we could send new players to a site where they could come away with 2 or 3 playable decks for less than $100.

Done.
Rose Tatu Productions
Walch & Nusser

Plus:
Atomweaver's Deck Bashing Challenge
Specifically:
Black Hand Starter Display Solution

Some of the best vampires in the game are in those starters, which are still plentiful, and some of the best library cards as well. If you made 2-3 decks instead of 4, you'd have solid decks for those clans.

Other starter displays that have more duplication of vampires are more of a challenge, of course.
Last edit: 19 Sep 2012 21:13 by Adonai.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2012 00:11 #37325 by jtroyve
Replied by jtroyve on topic Re: The future of V:TES

Done.
Rose Tatu Productions
Walch & Nusser

that was why i suggested re-purposing unsold boxes. these sellers would get burned with unwanted inventory.

however, the effort and the cost of re-purposing these might be more costly.

More
20 Sep 2012 08:23 #37365 by Daidalos
Replied by Daidalos on topic Re: The future of V:TES
A little feedback.
I have organized a little poll on a Czech VTES forum regarding their preferences for the format of the (possible) resurrection of the game. Here are the results:
I would like to keep the game as it was (= boosters, PCD's) 12 like.
I would like the combination of boosters-PCD's-POD - 4 don't like, 6 like.
I would prefer just the POD - 8 don't like, 3 like.
N.B. that the players could vote for each of the three category, liking or disliking it. So about 12 players in total.
Though this doesn't say much, more polls of the kind could be made to see the actual preferences of the players.

"I like to think there always are ...possibilities." Spock
:trem: :aus: :dom: :tha:

More
21 Sep 2012 20:28 #37481 by Soonerborn
Replied by Soonerborn on topic Re: The future of V:TES

It would be really helpful if we could send new players to a site where they could come away with 2 or 3 playable decks for less than $100.

Done.
Rose Tatu Productions
Walch & Nusser

Plus:
Atomweaver's Deck Bashing Challenge
Specifically:
Black Hand Starter Display Solution

Some of the best vampires in the game are in those starters, which are still plentiful, and some of the best library cards as well. If you made 2-3 decks instead of 4, you'd have solid decks for those clans.

Other starter displays that have more duplication of vampires are more of a challenge, of course.

LOL I walked right into that, touche sir. What I should’ve said is that I’d like to be able to recruit players without the barrier of ~$100 investment…

I mentioned that I give new players unopened starters to get them going but then what? What you've said it true, some great cards are available for some clans. There's a lot of less-than-great (generous) stuff there too, just sayin'.

I've recommended RTP to several people and at least a couple of folks have ordered from them. It's tough knowing that no matter what you recommend (especially now that 3rd is gone) there's going to be a bunch of every-deck type stuff they're not going to get. We do what we can, give out blood dolls and wakes, etc.

I do think it’s tremendous what RTP and W/N are doing, I recognize it’s practically altruism at this point. My hat’s off to them, honestly, but there’s a reason why what’s left is what's left…

I’m just sayin’, at this point in the game’s life cycle, I’m just not seeing much downside in allowing people to design a deck and have it digitally printed for $15 or $20. That’s taking full advantage of ‘print on demand’ IMO. I have no issue with marking the cards or whatever to differentiate FWIW.

I just want it to be much easier and cheaper for people to play the way they want to play. I feel like my cards are worthless without players.

But OK apparently I’m being short-sighted in my no-love attitude for the CCG business model. OK I hated it, I often felt like my love for the game was ruthlessly exploited, there I said it. I payed for tons of bad cards and tons of reprints to get the good stuff. We all did.

So at the very least let's have something comparable to the HttB starters spread over a bunch of clans/themes/etc. Apparently people like to play Camarilla (don’t ask me). Or like some others’ have suggested clan & discipline based pre-set packages. Something that allows people to acquire what they actually want to play relatively inexpensively. Why not take advantage of a POD model?

OK speaking of HttB here’s a little anecdote: (LOL @ me) I mailed a set of the 4 HttB starters to my buddy in Kansas. This was one of the guys I learned to play jyhad with in college in ’94 - he sold all his cards (for what seemed like a ridiculous amount of money at the time) right before bloodlines was printed because he needed the $ (it happens).

His plan was to teach his girl and some buddies to play, you know, get a group started. So he asked me for some help. I had just bought this box of HttB starters and they were *so* good that I felt like this was the best thing I could send him so he could get a game going right away.

So I mailed them to him, no biggie. And I'm telling you it wasn't 2 weeks later I went to order another box of those starters... who knew?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara

More
20 Nov 2012 13:10 #41273 by Labrat
Replied by Labrat on topic Re: The future of V:TES
Maybe a Kickstarter program would be a good way to raze the money to get the game going again.
CCG
LCG
PDF
Print-on-demand
Whatever, but at least “they” will have the money to edit all the cards and stuff, maybe even buy out the licence, but I doubt that.

More
20 Nov 2012 19:48 #41283 by Juggernaut1981
Don't worry about trying to run a Kickstarter. Johannes is currently trying to negotiate to get the game printed as a Print-on-Demand. So, you can probably assume, he's already got enough funds together to start it off (or thinks he can gain the funding required).

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds