file The future of V:TES

06 Apr 2013 11:58 #46649 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: The future of V:TES

Why are you refering to Bob as if he is retarded child and cannot change anything within his deck (and has only 1 and no spare cards)? :S

What suprises me, is the parallel universe where James lives, where some old timer decides casually to show at a tournament of a game they stopped to play X years earlier, decide to play the same deck without knowing anything about the metagame, trends or latest errata, probably -well certainly wasting some money and a whole day (6 hours +) for the pleasure of not having fun playing tournament v:tes.

But hey, randomness is cool too :)

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2013 14:05 #46654 by Squidalot
Replied by Squidalot on topic Re: The future of V:TES

What suprises me, is the parallel universe where James lives, where some old timer decides casually to show at a tournament of a game they stopped to play X years earlier, decide to play the same deck without knowing anything about the metagame, trends or latest errata, probably -well certainly wasting some money and a whole day (6 hours +) for the pleasure of not having fun playing tournament v:tes.

But hey, randomness is cool too :)

Actually Reyda - it's not exactly a // universe - i've seen players turn up very casually to events in Sweden, UK and USA who haven't played for multiple years and have just grabbed their favourite deck. (In the UK i've seen 2 players try and use Dramatic upheavals after 3-5 years of it being banned because they didn't keep in touch)

I'm surprised you've not seen it in France!

More
06 Apr 2013 15:31 #46656 by Reyda
Some people try the tournament scene again after a long torpor, but suprisingly they ask and modify their decks before attending, and ask for replacement cards on forum if needed. And we lend them the cards. Yes, french people are cool like that.
If bob wants to attend a tournament here, he's welcome :silly:

More
06 Apr 2013 16:13 - 06 Apr 2013 16:14 #46657 by jamesatzephyr

Actually Reyda - it's not exactly a // universe -

Indeed it isn't. It's just that for several years, Reyda has got his jollies from disagreeing with more-or-less anything I say in public, as part of his King Troll persona.

Nor did I actually suggest the scenario of someone just turning up at a random tournament. King Troll knows this, but misrepresents what I said anyway.

I am not sure why Reyda's behaviour is tolerated on these forums, given that he admits he is always on the trolling side, given his obsessive-compulsive hounding of me, and his outright lies. Presumably that's behaviour that V:EKN approves of. Why do the board administrators permit his trolling to continue after so long, and his open admissions that that's what he's doing?
Last edit: 06 Apr 2013 16:14 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
06 Apr 2013 18:06 - 06 Apr 2013 22:58 #46660 by Reyda
i'm not really picking on you james : i'm picking on people who say silly things. Which you happen, by sheer coincidence, to do often.

Somebody proposed something perfectly reasonable, and you found hundreds reason (some quite silly) to not change the game. I know it's difficult to embrace change, but if at some point you could consider this stuff instead of instantly dismissing it (a bit like ohlman put it : "it's stuff from yugi oh, i don't want it"), that would be a better world for players that need some change and can't wait for new cards forever.

As a side note : i don't hate you. :silly:

Last edit: 06 Apr 2013 22:58 by Reyda. Reason: Drunkenness ?

More
06 Apr 2013 22:40 #46663 by Squidalot
Replied by Squidalot on topic Re: The future of V:TES

If bob wants to attend a tournament here, he's welcome :silly:

I'm not sure if we have any Bob's in the UK but we did have at least 3 Rob's at different stages...

I don't think i'd use the 'players turn up only once every two years' as a reason to not ban/cycle cards as I would guess that stagnation is more 'dangerous' to the game than ex-players turning up and needing to change decks (albeit potentially significantly)

We used to have bans/card limits [6 card?] in the very very first tournament rules (i swear I have a duelist with the recommended tournament rules in but I could be making that up) so I wouldn't say that doing funky things in VTES would be entirely new but still I really couldn't tell you if changing card blocks would help my personal tournament scene/playerbase
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds