file The future of V:TES

26 Jan 2013 06:51 #44439 by Juggernaut1981

I do not think you understand what I´m saying. VEKN is not a legal body, right? It´s just a bunch of people doing stuff, over the net, non-profit? The take a bunch of names (Mithras, Donald Duck and Gandalf) and a bunch of rules (VTES or Monopoly, whatever) and artwork (stolen from VTES) and make a pdf with those, and say "These are VEKN tournament legal". Who should be sued? For what?

Who do you sue?
Anyone who has any money who was at all involved in the production of the cards. Everyone involved may potentially have been responsible by different amounts to this breach of copyright. So that means everyone from Johannes down to the playtesters.

What do you sue them for?
Anything you can make fit. Mostly breach of copyright but there is probably a longer list of things you could add to the end to convince the individuals to cough up a lot of cash and not contest it in court.

Do the Design Team need more people?
Probably not. This isn't really their problem. It's more about timing than lack of manpower in general. If WW/CCP or Wiz/Hasbro sit on it for 2 months because they can't be bothered with it right now and then it lands on a VEKN's person's "In Pile" when they're busy with other things... there's not much that can be done.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2013 09:29 #44443 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: The future of V:TES

Set wise:

Danse still needs a R5 test - the head of the test groups have all the information I currently have on when this is (and yes it's late but that's how things go when there is no pressing deadlines)

But we need an update!!!

I'm annoyed!!11!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
26 Jan 2013 11:18 #44445 by johannes
Replied by johannes on topic Re: The future of V:TES
There are some fresh news regarding POD, but they just came up during the couple of last days. I´ll do a state of the VEKN soon. Wrecked my shoulder a couple of days ago, didn´t help with the pile of things to do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara, Lönkka, Juggernaut1981, vragozakas, KevinM, Ashur, Daidalos, Gnerphk

More
03 Apr 2013 06:21 - 03 Apr 2013 18:39 #46507 by hardyrange
Replied by hardyrange on topic Re: The future of V:TES

There are some fresh news regarding POD, but they just came up during the couple of last days. I´ll do a state of the VEKN soon.

Johannes, or anybody else from the Inner Circle:
What are the news?

I think most of us have waited patiently, except for those players who have left the game by now due to lack of new cards.

But by now, I for one would appreciate reading monthly updates - even if those updates would just say that there are no news.

But the continued silence leaves us without any visibility if something is, in fact, still ongoing with Danse Macabre, and/or Print in Demand.

Pretty please?

Regards,

Hardy

"It was a perfect plan - until it had contact with reality"
---
Hardy Range
Playgroup Tradition Compliance Manager
Last edit: 03 Apr 2013 18:39 by hardyrange.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silmegil, Ashur, Hakuron

More
03 Apr 2013 06:30 #46509 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: The future of V:TES
I agree. While we were 41 attending the swedish ECQ this weekend, people are selling off their collections. Something has to happen soon.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: extrala, Silmegil, Hakuron, Reyda

More
03 Apr 2013 12:07 #46529 by Silmegil
Replied by Silmegil on topic Re: The future of V:TES
I will be just copying hardyrange and Ashur, but same aplies to me. Players are asking if I can ge them some news on Prince level and I have to tell them, that there is nothing. Interest is fading and organizing tournament has became very difficult. I think everyone would like at least minor update at this pointm since people are losing hope....

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds