file The future of V:TES

05 Apr 2013 14:07 #46604 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: The future of V:TES

So, what's the point?

Games with next to no common point with VtES have successfully implemented that. So, it's clearly a good solution for VtES.

Sarcasm apart, some people want to try something, anything, to happen and spark additional interest to the game. In my opinion, it prove that the next set need to happen soon, since people propose what is in my opinion reckless changes as a substitute for the aforementioned set.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2013 14:16 #46606 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Re: The future of V:TES

So, what's the point?

Games with next to no common point with VtES have successfully implemented that. So, it's clearly a good solution for VtES.

Sarcasm apart, some people want to try something, anything, to happen and spark additional interest to the game. In my opinion, it prove that the next set need to happen soon, since people propose what is in my opinion reckless changes as a substitute for the aforementioned set.

If other games have done it, then why isn't someone proposing using the same model used for those games?

Sure, people are bored. I get that. And, I'm perfectly happy to ban cards, ditch rules, and the like. I just have never found people willing to implement such changes in any sort of coherent manner.

On the other hand, speaking of boredom, the cure I find for that is to build more decks and play more games and stop worrying about tournament play. I'd easily be interested in other CCGs long dead if I had a group that built decks and played regularly, CCGs that want new cards far more than V:TES does.

More
05 Apr 2013 14:21 #46607 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: The future of V:TES

If other games have done it, then why isn't someone proposing using the same model used for those games?

It's exactly what they do by proposing a rolling card ban. But it's for vastly differents games ; the first one I heard doing that what Yu-gi-oh TCG, which use card but apart than that have no common point whatsoever with VtES. Other examples given where videogame that weren't even using card.

More
05 Apr 2013 16:13 #46613 by ReverendRevolver
PoD, in conjunction with the new set, will add some eegree of freshness to the game.
The new set doesnt really need much explaination, and will rake in money for steve weicks company, as will pod,
As for PoD, who has 20+ of each of the following : sense dep, enkil cog, baltimore purge, mind rape, parity shift, summon history, coagulated entity, sirens lure, nephundus, carlton, war ghoul, legacy of pander, ezmerelda, romb of ramses, or kamakli nigbtmare?
There are cards that very few people try because it takes a billion copiez of a card its hard to get one of to pull it off. Gwydd summoning history for a buttload of wolves? Casual, because most competetive players dont have the resources for dumping 12+ summon history into a so so idea to test.
Huge vamp purge with enkil cogs to dunk n steal the table? Nobody has the extra purges n such to test that on a wide scale. Sense dep the table?
Point is, most of us have that one player who has tried on of theze, but nobody else has enough of that key card, and the guy with 25 sense deps in a gabrin deck doeznt have the 17 sirens lure for a daughters multirush deck.
Pod will make those cards available, so we have at least a year of screwing around with our what if ideas we never tried before, just due to la k of resources.
Now, option 3:
Making new cards from old
Its been tossed uo before, but making erratta on some things along witb pod copies to make them playable.
Eyes of the dead is beyond hope, but what about forgery requiring 3+ capacity? Or keep it simple being free?

And my real idea: advanced versions of bad vamps. I think i have some ive done on my phone....

Attachment advanceddemocritus.jpg not found

Hes playable. I also boosted some playable and almost awesome, like

Attachment advancedmaxwell.jpg not found

And then i broke another jhyhad vamp:

Attachment advancedbasilia.jpg not found

Anyway, get the idea?

I dont think random banning is what we need, but new cards and improved access are just what we need.
Attachments:

More
05 Apr 2013 17:53 #46621 by DeathInABottle

On the other hand, speaking of boredom, the cure I find for that is to build more decks and play more games and stop worrying about tournament play. I'd easily be interested in other CCGs long dead if I had a group that built decks and played regularly, CCGs that want new cards far more than V:TES does.

I agree entirely, but I suspect that several casual metas are sustained by players who also want to be in tournament. Or, more to the point, *aren't* so sustained. Now, tournament play doesn't seem to be vital for holding a group together, but I don't really know what does. The almost complete absence of VTES in Ontario, for instance - which has over 1/3 of the population of Canada as a whole - makes me wonder how groups hold it together.

More
05 Apr 2013 19:34 #46626 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: The future of V:TES

It's also somewhat more difficult to re-attract former players on a casual basis. "Yeah, we're playing the DeflectoShift ban block now. You can't come and play your favourite Ventrue Princes Group 1-2 deck, Bob, all the main cards are banned, sorry."

Well, there's a little thing called "common sense", that will let you allow your friend play his old deck in a casual game.
don't thank me, i'm cool with giving you some hints from time to time :silly:

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds