file EC site 2013

01 Aug 2013 10:20 #52589 by Forhead
Replied by Forhead on topic Re: EC site 2013
Hey guys!

We know that the price of the EC are a bit high. Though it's not much we can do about it. The Nordic countries are expensive (and especially Stockholm) - we were aware of that from the get go. But with that in mind we'vedone our out must to keep the prices down. That has been our primary goal. We've manage to get the prices for the conferance rooms down to a third of the normal price.

My and Randy hope that this won't be deterant and that you still will be able to show up.

Isak Esbjörnsson Bjärmark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2013 10:20 - 01 Aug 2013 10:21 #52590 by Volpenera
Replied by Volpenera on topic Re: EC site 2013
the problem is dat we have corrupted our girl's to play and now we must pay for 2 person, so 58+58 is very much expensive of 30+30 ^^.

Giulio De Cicco

Prince of Trento - Italy
Last edit: 01 Aug 2013 10:21 by Volpenera.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
01 Aug 2013 11:00 #52591 by dessu
Replied by dessu on topic Re: EC site 2013

the problem is dat we have corrupted our girl's to play and now we must pay for 2 person, so 58+58 is very much expensive of 30+30 ^^.

Ooh, you already have, then I must applaud you! From the previous message I get the impression that they just come hang around instead of playing (and well, I haven't seen that many females playing on the last two EC).

And from the price point of few; it's not so black-and-white. This will be for me the cheapest EC this far, because the last two years the traveling expenses from Finland to eastern Europe have been so much more than the traveling from Finland to Stockholm will be. As also Hugh already pointed out, it is good that the EC moves around - because of many reasons. One of them being our lovely Swedes, who are contributing so much time and effort to this event.

More
02 Aug 2013 05:51 - 02 Aug 2013 05:53 #52633 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: EC site 2013

I have now talked to the hotel and here is what I have for you.

1. The hotel promised me that they would fix the code so it would also be valid until monday the 7th.

2. The staff who handles discounts have vacation and wont be able to fix the code for another three weeks, but you can send an e-mail to the same adress I earlier stated and they can manually fix your reservation. ()

3. The pre-payment deal is cheaper due to the fact that it will not let you get your money back if you cant make the trip for some reason. This price will also change if more people book and buy.

Petri just reserved and paid for a room for us two (Fri-Mon).
We knew there was a price difference but were taken aback by how huge it was. This difference will obviously wither away the longer you wait before you make your reservation.

approximate prices:

normal reservation, non-cancellable: 260e
normal reservation, cancellable: 350e
reservation with the EC code: 380e

Want to stay in the EC hotel but save some serious moolah?
Then I dare suggest you place your reservation ASAP.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 02 Aug 2013 05:53 by Lönkka.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dessu

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
26 Sep 2013 13:56 #54397 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: EC site 2013
Randy/Isak,
local players wanted to know whether you needed decklists or not for the tournaments.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
26 Sep 2013 14:13 #54398 by extrala
Replied by extrala on topic Re: EC site 2013
Non-local players want to know as well ..
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds