lightbulb Danse Macabre Previews

08 Oct 2013 14:21 #54957 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Re: Danse Macabre Previews

"Aegis of Shadows: Cover yourself in powerful shadow armor
Armor of Darkness: Cloak yourself in shadow that protects you from sunlight and fire.
Armory of the Abyss: Create weaponry and/or armor from shadow-stuff."

Just for instant, from the very same link you gave. I think, cards were made from less in the past. Technically, almost every other ability were made from obtenebration, multi-disc ones, but these ones which gave damage prevention. I think, thats on purpose after i checked that list, unfortunately.

Only one of those three is an Obt/Pot power and, arguably, the Obt/Pot version of Armory would be weapons, not armor.

Why was Dark Steel chosen? I'd imagine it was because pure Obt cards also help Kiasyd and probably, as well, that the design team wanted to give Lasombra something more offensive to do rather than defensive, considering that combat ends, dodge with an additional, and Obedience are all things they already have.

I actually don't have any problem with Obt getting damage prevent. Damage prevent is hardly gamebreaking and a problem in the current game is that Animalism and agg are so prevalent that Potence combat is easily murdered. Obt does have Arms of the Abyss to address the latter. So, sure, bring on the For/Obt cards - Lucita, et al, will love them.

In fact, I think the game should see far more multidiscipline abilities, so I don't know why so many effects haven't been ported.

About the parity-like vote, i said something around that, not with the exact power lvl of parity. Something that at least can be called as a flagship of a sabbat voter deck.

Cardinal Benediction.

But, why should Sabbat have a flagship vote? Parity Shift isn't a Camarilla flagship vote, it's a P/J vote (not to get into how lame the Camarilla is when you aren't P/J/ICM). Sabbat is supposed to be about violence and treating humans like crap (and yet gets more mortal allies than the more human-friendly Cam, 5 clans to 3 if you include Gangrel as a Cam clan, with only Brujah giving the Cam any sort of volume).

What's the problem that is trying to be fixed? That Sabbat voting is too weak? That's only in comparison to P/J voting. Indies get Reckless Agitation, DoC get Lily Prelude, etc., but all of those come at a cost of lack of titles. Sabbat have a decent amount of titles and can Benediction up but don't have crazy powerful votes - seems fair.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2013 14:44 #54959 by Poci
Replied by Poci on topic Re: Danse Macabre Previews

So, sure, bring on the For/Obt cards

Yeah, thatd be pretty pointless. where i have For, i use that.

That pot/obt multi disc one could very well make defensive effect card (potence can be for the power of the shadow armor), or an inferior def, superior attacking effect, in the vein of Horrid Form.

The sole mono-obt card that can make a prevent is Aegis of shadows, which could be a rego motus kind of card, 2 at inf, 4 at sup. nothing fancy, nothing complicated. Its really a shame that damn thau and even celerity have prevent card, while a notoriously multidimensional discipline like obt keeps getting ignored.

More
08 Oct 2013 17:23 #54986 by ReverendRevolver
Typhonic beast for pot obt would be very playable, and hardly groundbreaking. Snake punch has won tournaments, and lasombra have pot as an in clan. It would be an idea to look into later.

More
08 Oct 2013 17:56 - 08 Oct 2013 17:56 #54990 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Danse Macabre Previews

Are the cards in the PDF files in correct size? I tried comparing them to real cards, and they seem be a bit off, about 20% larger.

Just wanna make sure, since I'm planning to have them printed to real card paper in a local firm.

The PDF files contain A4 pages, but using "letter" (US) format shouldn't be a problem since the printable area fits both formats anyway.

Just be careful to set the "Page Scaling" to "None" in the Print dialog, otherwise the cards will be scaled up or down.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 08 Oct 2013 17:56 by Ankha.

More
08 Oct 2013 18:14 #54995 by a-e
Replied by a-e on topic Re: Danse Macabre Previews
I noticed that Karif al Numair doesn't have (The Blood Curse does not affect Karim.) text that all other Sabbat Assamites have. Is this intended that he can't do diablerie?

Marko, Prince of Helsinki

More
08 Oct 2013 18:19 #54996 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Danse Macabre Previews
The Blood Curse does not affect him is just a reminder text, he doesn't have 'Blood Cursed' on him, which is a trait, so he can diablerize just fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: a-e

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds