file Contents and card changes in 25th Anniversary revealed

05 Jun 2019 00:55 #95187 by TwoRazorReign
I love how the announcement refers to the "can't act" portion of a card, but the card actually says "cannot take actions." Typical VTES inconsistency. Glad that hasn't changed after 25 years!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2019 01:55 #95188 by Mewcat

Congrats on giving up to some complaints and crippling a card that is overrated. What's the point of allowing the minion with the pentex to remove it by himself?
What's the need in Balance parity shift? It's like conservative agitation: a little strong in the beggining and very weak at late game.
Why change ankara's affecting lot's of other decks that dont use freak drive?

You guys are doing a marvelous job by giving a new life to our game, but, in the process you're crippling lots of cards that will change the gameplay for worst.

In what way do you see this as detrimental? Be specific.

More
05 Jun 2019 03:33 #95189 by Viper
I don't know if this is the correct place to complain about the changes. But here I go:

First, I consider Pentex to be a more nasty card when used as a finisher (can't block), than in early/mid game to cripple a vampire from taking action. Because the later can be dealt with as it provides time to the target metuselah or others to remove it. But, whatever, at least it is a change in the right direction.

Now, the real issue here, is crippling Una and Ankara, when the real culprit is Freak Drive. I understand the reasoning behind not wanting to make Freak Drive a once per turn card, because there are decks that make moderate use of it that don't warrant such punishment.

Since the target of this change is Turbo decks which abuse the card, the obvious changes to Freak Drive could be one of the following:

- Instead of cost, the vampire burns one blood to untap
- Increase the cost of each subsequent Freak Drive played by the same vampire during the turn by 1. (This is my prefered alternative, since I think reflects better the fantasy of the card).

I really do hope that the developers take this words to heart, becasue right now they are killing a lot of decks (or making them barely playable) that rarely use freak drive.

Best regards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjvtes521

More
05 Jun 2019 05:34 #95191 by emime

Since the target of this change is Turbo decks which abuse the card, the obvious changes to Freak Drive could be one of the following:

- Instead of cost, the vampire burns one blood to untap

I don’t mind the nerfs as they are, but... This would be a really elegant fix indeed!

Emiliano "Sans Terre" - Wandering Player - Prince of Brussels

More
05 Jun 2019 05:38 - 05 Jun 2019 05:38 #95192 by gotcha
Last edit: 05 Jun 2019 05:38 by gotcha.

More
05 Jun 2019 06:54 #95197 by Ankha

Great move Vincent & the Rules Team!!!
It was time to nerf those cards !!

Credit goes to BCP and the playtesters in fact.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Lech, Bloodartist, Snodig

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds