file Reprinting status and future

18 Mar 2022 11:32 #104815 by stikyard
Hello everyone,

I'm a long time player who dropped off after the game quit printing and cards got crazy expensive. When I learned that the game was reprinting through Drive Through Cards, I started to look into it but, have been frustrated by some inconsistancies and would like some clarification.

1. KoT reprints are no longer available at Drive Through Cards, I had to find some on Ebay.

2. Independent cards have been reprinted and I can even oder them in singles. KoT, HotB, 25th Anniversary, 5th Edition, only come in set bundles, can't order singles?

3. Other off shoot set like Anarchs, Black Hand and, Hunter set have not been reprinted, will they be reprinted?

4, What does the future of printing look like? It's kinda a mess right now but, better than nothing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2022 04:49 - 21 Mar 2022 12:04 #104829 by ReverendRevolver
The Legacy singles on Drive Thru cards are slowly adding cards to what's available to order. Right now, they encompass pre 5th edition Setites, Giovanni, Lasombra, and Assamites, along with :SER: :CHI: :OBT: :QUI: :NEC:

I think Pander,Tzimisce and :VIC: are next. It's a slow Going process, and buying the bundles and precons are the primary (non eBay) way to get cards.

But, look at it this way:

The precons are viable, and only priced slightly higher than precons were 10 years ago once you adjust for inflation.

They're actually playable, viable decks.

Breaking down cost of certain singles compared to cost of the precons make it cheaper for precons (Nosferatu deck has 2×Preturnatural Strength ($8 each) 2×murder of crows ($8 each) a jack ($3ish) and a Warsaw Station ($3ish). So $22 for a precon where 6 cards are worth $38 ordered separately. Not to mention $2something creeping sabotage, $1 cards like Taste, Grapple, and deep song. Yes, the Malkavian deck isn't this cost effective. Most others are.

But speaking of singles prices, my last point on the precons is....

Parity Shift, Deep Song, Eyes of Argus, and Perfect Paragon have been drastically reduced in second hand market price because they were reprinted in the bundles over the years. Deep song and EoA specifically went from $5-$8 each to around $1. That's huge for something you normally run 4+ of per deck.

The print runs of the VEKN sets were available from kockstarters, and will be obtainable otherwise later.
Also, remember PoD cards aren't available to order everywhere, so things are slowly creeping into being more obtainable.

My biggest gripe about the immediate now state of card availability is that Freak Drive hasn't declined in price or been put on POD. Other cards I run out of, such as Smiling Jack, PB Montreal, Bowl of Convergence, and Wider View are all ran in multiples fewer than freak drive, so aren't as problematic.

I JUST started buying cards again for the first time in several years.
Future of printing is precons and bundles with new stuff each year, drive through singles coming in thematically linked chunks.

What are you looking for? I wouldn't look for hunter reprints being a priority at all.

Edit:

I reread your questions. The reprints of HttB and KoT were always split between bundles for PoD. They have never been purchasable as singles on there.
Last edit: 21 Mar 2022 12:04 by ReverendRevolver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stikyard

More
21 Mar 2022 15:16 #104834 by Lönkka
Stikyard
welcome aboard!

In your last point you claim that "What does the future of printing look like? It's kinda a mess right now..."

Kinda mess?
How come it is a mess?

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nedleeds

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
28 Mar 2022 20:23 #104881 by stikyard
I just found it kinda confusing that some cards were only available in bundles, some in singles and KoT bundles weren't available at all on Drive Through cards.

I am thankful for the reprinting effort and I have already purchased quite a bit. I was just looking for clarification.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nedleeds

More
28 Mar 2022 20:36 #104882 by stikyard
I found mostly what I was looking for. You pointed out Freak Drive being an issue. I think I got 8 out of my 5th Edition bundle, very nice!

I need more Tomb of Ramses and Dreams of the Sphinx.

More
29 Mar 2022 07:02 #104884 by Lönkka
Tomb of Ramses III was somewhat used in 1997 but I haven't seen anyone play it in ages...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds