file Reprinting status and future

29 Mar 2022 19:04 #104896 by kschaefer

They have to be cheaper than that after market. I believe the community has created a Jake Washington for print at Drive Through Cards for thrity-five cents.

Do what you like in local/friendly games, but that print is not legal for any tournament even those that allow proxies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2022 11:46 #104920 by stikyard
Interesting, I had bought a lot of Final Nights back in the day and pulled a few Jakes outta there.

I figured the created cards would be viable proxy if the card matched a legal card.

Do you think they are trying to maintain rarity?

More
31 Mar 2022 14:18 #104921 by kschaefer
Tournament rules are very specific about what qualifies as a proxy and what does not. Community versions of legal cards from DTC are not legal proxies:

4.5. Proxy Cards
As long as the game is not under production, the organizer of an event that is neither a National Championship nor a Continental Championship can choose to allow proxy cards in his or her event. For events where proxy cards are allowed, several points apply:

there are no limit to the number of proxy cards a deck can have
every proxy card must be a color-copy of the original card, on standard paper
the quality of the print must allow the reading of the illustrator's name
the organizer must mark the event as 'allowing proxy cards' on the VEKN calendar"
As for VEKN-issued cards, proxy-cards would have to be inserted in an opaque sleeve (along the rest of the crypt and/or library), before a regular VTES card.

Otherwise, the use of proxy cards is not permitted, unless a judge provides these cards. If a card becomes excessively worn through play or accidentally damaged in the current sanctioned tournament, or if the owner of the card must leave prior to the conclusion of a game, the judge may provide a proxy replacement card or (in the case of damaged or worn cards) require the player to sleeve all of his or her cards before play continues.

When a judge creates a proxy for a player, it is included in the player's deck. The original card is kept close at hand during the game, if possible. When the proxy is in play, replace it with the original. When it returns to the player's deck/hand, swap it with the proxy. This replacement method helps ensure that the opponent is able to clearly see the intended card and to avoid confusion.

The term "proxy" includes counterfeit cards or any card that is not a genuine game card. Counterfeiters will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

More
01 Apr 2022 07:26 - 01 Apr 2022 07:27 #104928 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Reprinting status and future

I figured the created cards would be viable proxy if the card matched a legal card.

No. That's why it's written on those cards "Not for legal play".

No, quite the contrary.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 01 Apr 2022 07:27 by Ankha.

More
04 Apr 2022 19:18 #104942 by ReverendRevolver

Interesting, I had bought a lot of Final Nights back in the day and pulled a few Jakes outta there.

I don't think rarity in the context it had in the days of CCP owning WW will ever be a "thing" again. Ben has been designing precons since HttB, and even then was very conscious of what cards were hard to obtain (prior to us going out of print). He goofed in that set by forgetting to submit an art request for spiritual intervention (cold aura went in instead), but ever since then he has been making sure to put out playable decks that include cards that are in high demand.

Villein, deep song, eyes of argus, rego motum, and heroic might are all KoT cards that were $10 and up at one point, and all have been in multiple precons from Heirs to V5. Parity Shift, wider view, Second trad, and others have also been printed, and they run much lower on the singles market as a result.

Jake was $20ish before we went OOP before, so $22 for Jake, monestary, and Papillion wouldn't be terrible, without the rest of the deck in 2010 pricing.

It's a work in progress in some regards, but given how many $8 cards are now $2 or less cards, we are going in a positive direction.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
05 Apr 2022 14:55 #104943 by self biased

No. That's why it's written on those cards "Not for legal play".

No, quite the contrary.

not being able to put an artist credit on the community cards, unless i photoshop it into the image itself, is vexing.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds