file Vampire: Elder Kindred Network Newsletter June 2022

11 Jul 2022 15:27 - 11 Jul 2022 15:27 #105687 by cordovader
Banu Haqim Bruise & Bleed: www.vekn.net/forum/event-reports-and-twd/79898-twd-vtes-grand-prix-malmoe-2022#105641
Samedi Multi-rush: www.vekn.net/forum/event-reports-and-twd/79773-twda-guard-dogs
Ghede Multi-rush: www.vekn.net/forum/event-reports-and-twd/79846-twda-imperial-decree
Ani Rush Creeping Sabotage: www.vekn.net/forum/event-announcements/79894-twda-game-of-the-instinct
Shadow Court Satyr with Goulet: www.vekn.net/forum/event-reports-and-twd/79893-twda-no-secrets-from-berinho
Kindred Spirits mid-cap: www.vekn.net/forum/event-reports-and-twd/79891-twd-jacques-rouge
Unnamed with Ministries: www.vekn.net/forum/event-reports-and-twd/79876-twd-v-tes-spelfanaat-mechelen-june-25th-2022-belgium
New Brujah Barons: www.vekn.net/forum/event-reports-and-twd/79881-twd-persistence-echo-aix-en-provence-19-06-2022
Girls (GP of France): www.vekn.net/forum/event-reports-and-twd/79880-twd-the-call-european-grand-prix-of-aix-en-provence

So it took me 9 decks from the TWD to get to the first Girls / EL deck (after the TWD from the Finnish GP).

It doesn't seem to me they are dominating the scene, but they are played by good players that make a "safe bet" on arriving and winning the finals (nothing strange here). Some years ago the meta was dominated by all sorts of Ventrue & !Ventrue decks or other archetypes, you guys need to chill a little bit...

When Gangrel or Banu Haqim decks will start dominating are you going also to request nerfs? Because it's probably what's going to happen.

There are enough hosers to face Girls & EL today, it's just people chose not to play them. You can only blame yourselves for your poor deckbuilding / play.

What would a nerf on MMPA change for EL ? Would a nerf on Liquidation change a lot to the success of EL decks ? Honestly, I don't think so.

As someone that has extensively played Girls decks for the past 7 years, I can tell you that the MAIN KEY to the success of a tournament (besides the fact that the deck is strong, I don't deny that) is that I manage to convince people to don't rush me during the first 30 min.
Last edit: 11 Jul 2022 15:27 by cordovader.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thelonius reloaded

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2022 15:32 #105688 by GiftsUngiven
Can you list those hosers that people are choosing not to play?

Prince of Porto

More
11 Jul 2022 16:00 #105689 by cordovader

Can you list those hosers that people are choosing not to play?

The Rising & Victim of Habit for instance.
I played once against a deck playing the Rising and I can guarantee that Girls becomes totally unplayable...

More
11 Jul 2022 16:05 #105690 by GiftsUngiven
When you said, "there are enough hosers" I wasn't expecting only a couple of cards, including one event that requires two other Gehenna events already in play. If anything, there are NOT enough hosers.

Prince of Porto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
11 Jul 2022 16:12 - 11 Jul 2022 16:13 #105691 by cordovader

When you said, "there are enough hosers" I wasn't expecting only a couple of cards, including one event that requires two other Gehenna events already in play. If anything, there are NOT enough hosers.

Maybe there are not enough, but I think it's healthier for the game to release new cards that address game balance, than to nerf / ban existing cards, as much as possible.

The side effect of nerfing is IMO worse than creating new cards, because there is always collateral damage (archetypes that are not that strong that are no longer viable, and Girls will be for sure viable even with a total ban on Liquidation). Meta evolving naturally is much more stimulating in terms of deckbuilding, rather than just throwing to the trash a bunch of decks.

By the way there are quite a few decks that are able to consistently pack The Rising without suffering the consequences :
- Imbued
- LoP
- !Brujah Swarm with Unexpected Coallition
- Clown Car

You don't see Victim of Habit played because people must think that the opportunity cost is not worth it, but again this is a deckbuilding choice.
Last edit: 11 Jul 2022 16:13 by cordovader.

More
11 Jul 2022 19:42 #105693 by Lech

Maybe there are not enough, but I think it's healthier for the game to release new cards that address game balance, than to nerf / ban existing cards, as much as possible.

The side effect of nerfing is IMO worse than creating new cards, because there is always collateral damage (archetypes that are not that strong that are no longer viable, and Girls will be for sure viable even with a total ban on Liquidation). Meta evolving naturally is much more stimulating in terms of deckbuilding, rather than just throwing to the trash a bunch of decks.

By the way there are quite a few decks that are able to consistently pack The Rising without suffering the consequences :
- Imbued
- LoP
- !Brujah Swarm with Unexpected Coallition
- Clown Car

You don't see Victim of Habit played because people must think that the opportunity cost is not worth it, but again this is a deckbuilding choice.

I call bullshit on this one. Master heavy decks are not good for the game, and quite frankly no combination of cards should give more than two masters in one master phase, including trfles.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Charles_Bronson, Vlad, ReverendRevolver

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds