file Vampire: Elder Kindred Network Newsletter June 2022

21 Jul 2022 09:04 - 21 Jul 2022 09:09 #105782 by Bloodartist

That literally what I'm saying. When there is a negative effect than the card is fine. When 7 cards in the ash heap became actually positive effect, than the card became broken.

This (intended drawback turning out to be positive) is very common in strongest cards in various card games. That in itself is not the issue. There will always be strong cards, and I prefer cards that have strong effects so actual playing skill is required for maneuvering the metagame.

The issue is how common liquidation is in winning strategies, and how little counterplay there is to these strategies. (to master cards in general)

Liquidation turbo-charges not only MMPA ashur-based decks, but ALSO legionnaires.
Banning liquidation would open the door for more recycling-cards to be introduced, which wouldn't be as strong when there isn't a nitrous boost called liquidation waiting for them.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 21 Jul 2022 09:09 by Bloodartist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2022 09:27 #105783 by thelonius reloaded
How do you balance a deck who plays liquidation with no recursion such as Legionaries? I mean, you discard random cards that you initially put in your deck to be played, and that you may need at some point. Do you just fill your deck with 10+ EL and let's say 9 liquidation than you win the game?

Liquidation drawback IS a drawback. Playing 4 master cards in one master phase is a poor game design

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy

More
22 Jul 2022 09:06 #105789 by elotar

How do you balance a deck who plays liquidation with no recursion such as Legionaries?

Nobody are playing liquidation without some type of ash-heap abuse.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
22 Jul 2022 14:06 #105793 by thelonius reloaded

How do you balance a deck who plays liquidation with no recursion such as Legionaries?

Nobody are playing liquidation without some type of ash-heap abuse.

Me, winning/reaching final in quite a number of recent tournament

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy

More
22 Jul 2022 16:58 #105794 by cordovader

That literally what I'm saying. When there is a negative effect than the card is fine. When 7 cards in the ash heap became actually positive effect, than the card became broken.

This (intended drawback turning out to be positive) is very common in strongest cards in various card games. That in itself is not the issue.

The issue is how common liquidation is in winning strategies, and how little counterplay there is to these strategies. (to master cards in general)

This is a poor argument since there are other cards that are far more popular in the TWDA (e.g. Dreams of the Sphinx).

More
22 Jul 2022 17:05 #105795 by GiftsUngiven
We are just a week or something away from the next Newsletter. Let's so how many more major tournaments were won by Liquidation this current month and how creative players can get to justify not doing anything about it.

Prince of Porto

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds