question-circle New Rules for Final ?

08 Nov 2012 15:47 #40660 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: New Rules for Final ?

I think the current rules are fine. Judges should add time for slow play more easily.

Haven't ever seen that done.

Come to the NAC. I do it several times per tournament.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2012 16:30 #40661 by acbishop
Replied by acbishop on topic Re: New Rules for Final ?
Assuming that judge can add time if he thinks there is slow play or stalling i don't see the point of doing your proposal Vlad.

Your proposal has some problems, in tournaments of 12 players all of your "finals" will be with only 4 players and not 5, I don't like that.

also you can have the possibility of 20 players tournment, all the players of you 4th table/4th round could have 0 VPs before the final round, and imaging the case there is no GW in the first 3 tables 2-2-1 and in the last one there is a 2-1-1-1, having 2 VP in the last round and being with a triple 0 score before the finals and he will be the winner and not one of the guys with 2 GWs during the first 3 rounds. It doesn't seem logical to me.

:vtes:

More
08 Nov 2012 16:52 #40662 by ReverendRevolver

It would be nice if the players wouldn't know the ranking before the finals (other that they're being finalists). Random seating implied of course. So their would be less incentive to stall for the top seed.

Stalling is illegal. How many times does this need to be said?

"But KevinM, judges can't always tell if it's stalling, so we need more rules!"

Then those judges are weak and should be replaced by better judges.

Hey! I'm currently unemployed, and I'm able to tell, in every case -- yes, in every case -- when stalling is happening. So I propose that the VEKN employ me to judge every tournament everywhere in the world and train judges as I go. That way, in about a year, no one anywhere will ever again be able to stall and get away with it, as they evidently are doing right now.
;)

Kevin, if the ever happens, I demand you utilize a bludgeoning impliment of some kind into warning players against stalling. "Play fast or Mergen Will beat you with a spatula!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
08 Nov 2012 19:23 #40668 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: New Rules for Final ?

Kevin, if the ever happens, I demand you utilize a bludgeoning impliment of some kind into warning players against stalling. "Play fast or Mergen Will beat you with a spatula!"

If only this could be translated into every European language. We could eliminate this problem for all time.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
08 Nov 2012 21:41 #40673 by Pyrocuror
Replied by Pyrocuror on topic Re: New Rules for Final ?
100% against that swiss round thing.
I think final is a special spot, and it needs to stay the way it is.
Final represents the 5 best players of this tournament, at this time - even if we can argue about seating luck, or draw, or whatever - they are the players that did their best with all the parameters available at their tables.

They deserve to be in that spot.

More
08 Nov 2012 21:48 #40674 by Juggernaut1981

If only this could be translated into every European language. We could eliminate this problem for all time.

Could we add into the tournament rules an additional punishment called "Mergen (v)". A punishment which involved having KJM here travel with a wooden spoon encrusted with rusted nails to dole out such a 'Mergen'. "You are stalling, that means we'll have to Mergen you."

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds