question-circle New Rules for Final ?

29 Sep 2013 22:14 - 29 Sep 2013 22:18 #54517 by Vlad
Replied by Vlad on topic Re: New Rules for Final ?
Thank you for this "Up"

FYI it bas alredy been tested numerous times by my playgroup and some "foreigners" (even Parisian ones..
Brrrr...) coming to our tournaments and it was very much appreciated !
Last time it was for the Draft French Championship (won by Kamel) there were 3 prizes (one for every every final tables and Dream, Pyrocuror and Kamel let the DFC with a Season One from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, a Mummy RPG and a Tri Snake backpack...

:)

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:
Last edit: 29 Sep 2013 22:18 by Vlad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2013 22:19 #54518 by Vlad

The finalists are "sometime" made by other players (e.g king making) "I'll try to make my vp if you rescue me and if i don't make it i transfer out"... Seen at last round at French National... I don't want to argue, on that point precisely. But it's something that happens pretty often.

Someone said : I don't want to see someone being 0-0-0 able to win a tournament.
Doing 0-0-0 does not mean this player is casual nor has no VTES skills...

So i do think VLad OPTion (which we should call VLOPT :laugh: ) is pretty nice and needs to be tested before being accepted/dismissed.

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

More
09 Oct 2013 17:31 #55036 by Decebalus
Replied by Decebalus on topic Re: New Rules for Final ?
I have already discussed the problem one year ago

www.vekn.net/forum/11-organizational-questions/40038-finals-are-boring-pt-3-rules-for-the-finals#40045

I think the swiss round thing is not doable, because most players dont want to play another round. Usually after three games i am happy to go home except i am in the real finals. I dont want to play another game because it is possible that three tables time-out.

So i still think the Antediluvian idea or sudden death is better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert Goudie

More
10 Oct 2013 06:58 #55048 by Jesper
Replied by Jesper on topic Re: New Rules for Final ?

Kevin, if the ever happens, I demand you utilize a bludgeoning impliment of some kind into warning players against stalling. "Play fast or Mergen Will beat you with a spatula!"

If only this could be translated into every European language. We could eliminate this problem for all time.

Mr. Mergen I take the challenge. Ill make sure that at least one game on every day I play would time out at NAC2014.... stalling can happen in many ways.

Kevin stalling in this game, if you know what you are doing and know the rules are sooooo easy. Its not about take that one action that takes 15 for you to determin what to do, but just ad 20-30 seconds to every action you do, 2-3 seconds to every card you play, and then let it add up over the game.

So Kevin, do you want the games at NAC 2014 to time out, or maybe bend your quote a bit. I know some stalling are easy to identify, and I have strucked down on some also. But saying that, you cant stall a game, if you know what your doing is a lie, imho.

/Jesper

More
11 Oct 2013 13:32 #55142 by Vlad

I have already discussed the problem one year ago

www.vekn.net/forum/11-organizational-questions/40038-finals-are-boring-pt-3-rules-for-the-finals#40045

I think the swiss round thing is not doable, because most players dont want to play another round. Usually after three games i am happy to go home except i am in the real finals. I dont want to play another game because it is possible that three tables time-out.

So i still think the Antediluvian idea or sudden death is better.

You don't have to play...
Only those wanting to can participate in the swiss round final

;)

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

More
14 Oct 2013 01:44 #55258 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: New Rules for Final ?

Kevin, if the ever happens, I demand you utilize a bludgeoning impliment of some kind into warning players against stalling. "Play fast or Mergen Will beat you with a spatula!"

If only this could be translated into every European language. We could eliminate this problem for all time.

Mr. Mergen I take the challenge. Ill make sure that at least one game on every day I play would time out at NAC2014.... stalling can happen in many ways.

Kevin stalling in this game, if you know what you are doing and know the rules are sooooo easy. Its not about take that one action that takes 15 for you to determin what to do, but just ad 20-30 seconds to every action you do, 2-3 seconds to every card you play, and then let it add up over the game.

So Kevin, do you want the games at NAC 2014 to time out, or maybe bend your quote a bit. I know some stalling are easy to identify, and I have strucked down on some also. But saying that, you cant stall a game, if you know what your doing is a lie, imho.

/Jesper

I'm going to beat Jesper with a spatula at the next NAC. Watch for the video.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds