question-circle Pentex Subversion Poll #2 and Discussion

Poll: Possible fixes for Pentex Subversion (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
12 Mar 2014 03:13 #59861 by ReverendRevolver

No one has a problem with Sensory Deprivation

This is a lie. :) SenseDep is an awful, awful card because while it DOES HAVE a removal clause, the removal clause depends on doing something that is more difficult than anything else in the game. So it isn't really a removal clause -- which is the entire problem.

By way of comparison to the topic at-hand: Pentex HAS a removal clause.

More difficult than ANYTHING?

Now, most people try keeping Gabrin above ground, especially after sense depping an minion or six, but its quite doable to torp and eat vamps still.

Now, Becomming of Ennoia getting played, thats seriously the hardest thing in vtes. Its easier to win with Harrod than play BoE.

Having said that, sense dep is such a bitch to burn WHEN YOU NEED IT BURNED that you routinely wish it were just a Pentex......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2014 07:11 #59868 by Juggernaut1981
The reason why people probably don't have problems with Sensory Deprivation is because they have taken a "social politics" solution to Sensory Deprivation.

That is, [insert player here] who actually owns 6-8 of the damned things is only allowed to play that unholy abomination of a deck if we're all playing our most disgustingly cheesy trumpy decks as well.

Most decks might only have 2 to 4 copies or Pentex Subversion. Most players have 2 to 4 copies. I don't know if there is a single player with 8 Sense Deps in Sydney... I'm sure my regulars don't have more than 2 with any single player and I doubt there is 8 between us. So, most players never have to experience the frustrating nature of dunking Gabrin when he's Sense Dep'd you... because oh wait, that minion you just got out to try dunk Gabrin just got Sense Dep'd too... and the 10 Apparitions (or Illusions of the Kindred) in that deck mean you NEVER get to dunk Gabrin...

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
12 Mar 2014 07:20 #59869 by Haze

If I was to decide I would remove it from the tournament circle for the current qualifier / championship period and see how it goes.

I kinda like that idea. temporary ban to observe what happens. then after its parole is finished it can come back, and we can cycle out a new controversial card for the next year.

(if there ARE any other controversial cards. if not, then we'll just temp-ban pentex every single year)

More
12 Mar 2014 09:24 #59870 by alek

If I was to decide I would remove it from the tournament circle for the current qualifier / championship period and see how it goes.

That's interesting concept. It just needs to be carefully thought as Pentex is very popular in many decks and removing it will change a meta significantly. For some decks it's even key card (f.e. tap& bleed, law firm's, etc.) Banning it could result in making some of those decks not good enough for tournaments.

More
12 Mar 2014 11:58 #59871 by Brum
Don't complain when Fatima or other star combat decks start turning Methuselahs into craters.
Even when said combat decks don't win the table.

That is SOOOO much more fun than being ousted by a player using ONE last turn Pentex, right?

Seriously, you guys do know that if you oust a player with a Pentex, it is removed from game, thus it can't come back via Ashurs / Sudarion, right?

More
12 Mar 2014 12:31 #59872 by Timo

Seriously, you guys do know that if you oust a player with a Pentex, it is removed from game, thus it can't come back via Ashurs / Sudarion, right?

Not if you play following the rules written on the rulebook :

A master card in play is, by default, controlled by the Methuselah who played it, even if it is played on a card controlled by another Methuselah.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds