check Rules Team Rulings 02-DEC-11

03 Dec 2011 01:25 - 03 Dec 2011 01:25 #16905 by Pascal Bertrand

I really appreciate the "Ballot" change to Priscus votes. a very elegant change to clear up a lot of confusion when they interact with certain cards.

Yes, because the term "vote" had two meanings: Votes cast in the referendum (including the Priscus block's three votes) and votes cast in the Priscus subreferendum.

Three meanings. "Vote" was also used for "cast votes" (as in "A vampire voting against burns 1 blood"). I changed "vote" to a single usage.

I wonder if this changes how any cards actually function? I did some spot checks in Pascal's errata document, and it looks like everything works as you would expect it to: Prisci can be Bribed and and have their ballots Telepathically Counted, and they lose their ballot in a Free States Rant.

I tried to keep everything as it was. I have a list somewhere of the changed cards, with "relevant" rulings for each of them (but sometimes, they follow the same "Only usable before votes are cast" pattern).
I hope Scalpel's Tongue and Demonstration vs Priscus will be cases easier solved.

so psyche can no longer beat Rotschreck?

Still does. Rötschreck ends combat, so it ends the round. ( [LSJ 20001024] for an explanation - short version: "anything that ends combat ends the round as well.")
Psyche! being played in the "end of round" window, and Rotschreck ending the combat, thus the round, Psyche! (and other cards such as Taste of Vitae or Telepathic Tracking) is playable (and would create a new combat instead of sending the vampire Rötschreck is on to torpor).
Last edit: 03 Dec 2011 01:25 by Pascal Bertrand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2011 03:31 #16909 by AaronC

Still does. Rötschreck ends combat, so it ends the round. ( [LSJ 20001024] for an explanation - short version: "anything that ends combat ends the round as well.")
Psyche! being played in the "end of round" window, and Rotschreck ending the combat, thus the round, Psyche! (and other cards such as Taste of Vitae or Telepathic Tracking) is playable (and would create a new combat instead of sending the vampire Rötschreck is on to torpor).

Err, "end of round" happens before "end of combat", at least according to the complete rules reference. Rotschreck (or any effect that ends combat)->end of round->end of combat. Taste of Vitae can't be ordered after superior Psyche!

I guess you might infer from LSJ's writing that end of round and end of combat are the same thing on rounds that end combat, but if so, it might be good to update the rules reference accordingly.

More
03 Dec 2011 06:27 - 03 Dec 2011 06:39 #16912 by prunesquallor
I'm ecstatic that Minion Tap is a useful card again, and is no longer just a poor man's proxy for Villein. I'll figure out and announce the details shortly, but I foresee sending out a free Minion Tap with every order from my store for a while as a celebration :)

And I'm looking forward to having Marthe Dizier pick up a Psyche! and return it to my hand the next time I bring her into play, the old ruling always made my head hurt.
Last edit: 03 Dec 2011 06:39 by prunesquallor.

More
03 Dec 2011 12:00 #16920 by Boris The Blade

And I'm looking forward to having Marthe Dizier pick up a Psyche! and return it to my hand the next time I bring her into play, the old ruling always made my head hurt.

Now the question is: how to give her a blood each combat without playing a card?

More
03 Dec 2011 14:33 #16924 by dude_PL

Now the question is: how to give her a blood each combat without playing a card?

sociopath or perfectionist should do the trick

More
04 Dec 2011 09:53 - 04 Dec 2011 09:54 #16979 by Pascal Bertrand

Err, "end of round" happens before "end of combat", at least according to the complete rules reference. Rotschreck (or any effect that ends combat)->end of round->end of combat. Taste of Vitae can't be ordered after superior Psyche!

I guess you might infer from LSJ's writing that end of round and end of combat are the same thing on rounds that end combat, but if so, it might be good to update the rules reference accordingly.

I see your point. Similar to my "End of turn happens when the discard phase ends", but it's trickier to put in words.
Should probably say "Combat ends when a round with no next round ends". I might change that too, for clarity purposes.

Taste of Vitae will be orderable (?) with Psyche!
Last edit: 04 Dec 2011 09:54 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds