check Rules Team Rulings 02-DEC-11

07 Dec 2011 15:46 #17450 by jAvel

“Cancel a card”:
A "canceled" card has no effect, but it is still considered played. Unless explicitly written, cost for the card is paid. If the card was a strike card, the minion who played it must choose a strike, which might come from another strike card. If the card was an action card, the minion doesn’t tap (he doesn’t pay for the action card), and can play the same action card again.

Just to sum up it all. This mean, that cards:
Groundfighting, I am Legion, Mundane, Power of All, Pseudo-Blindness, Rewind Time, Treat the Sick Mind
- now will cancel cards, and cost will be still payed?

How about card React with Conviction (first part of text):
"When and effect that would change control of this imbued is played or announced, you may burn this card to cancel that effect."
Is the cost for cancelled effect payed? (mostly "burn corruption counters to ..")

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2011 15:56 #17451 by Pascal Bertrand

“Cancel a card”:
A "canceled" card has no effect, but it is still considered played. Unless explicitly written, cost for the card is paid. If the card was a strike card, the minion who played it must choose a strike, which might come from another strike card. If the card was an action card, the minion doesn’t tap (he doesn’t pay for the action card), and can play the same action card again.

Just to sum up it all. This mean, that cards:
Groundfighting, I am Legion, Mundane, Power of All, Pseudo-Blindness, Rewind Time, Treat the Sick Mind

Now as previously. I just figured out players were not all aware of some of LSJ's rulings: [LSJ 20090601]

If it doesn't say "no cost", then the cost of the canceled card is paid.

How about card React with Conviction (first part of text):
"When and effect that would change control of this imbued is played or announced, you may burn this card to cancel that effect."
Is the cost for cancelled effect payed? (mostly "burn corruption counters to ..")

The effect, in this case, is "burn the corruption counters to take control". No cost is paid. [LSJ 20070222] (which is a reversal of an answer given earlier).

More
07 Dec 2011 21:23 #17500 by Ankha

This mean, that cards:

Rewind Time states that no cost is paid. At inferior, since the cost of action cards is paid upon resolution, it doesn't need to be indicated.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
08 Dec 2011 05:15 #17541 by Dasein
Can we get a confirmation ruling that Marthe can now play Psyche at the end of a combat (instead of outside of it), use her ability as the first combat ends but before the next starts to retrieve the Psyche to her hand, and then proceed to the next combat?

More
08 Dec 2011 08:04 #17547 by Pascal Bertrand
The question about Marthe has been asked here: vekn.net/index.php/forum/6-rules-questions/16788-new-psyche-and-telepathic-tracking#16820
But here it is again:
Marthe can play Psyche! at the end of a round of combat, retrieve it after combat (say in the "Obedience window"), and start the new combat.

More
08 Dec 2011 08:09 #17549 by Kosmo_Kebab
Anyone can give me example of vampire with "has X votes"?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds