file Re: New Psyche and Telepathic Tracking

02 Dec 2011 14:54 #16830 by jamesatzephyr

I would like to see an explanation that carefully walks us through both Impulse and exact moments of card resolution and effects.

The Impulse isn't relevant. Both players can play an effect in the 'combat is about to end' window, as per the cited ruling on Telepathic Tracking. The impulse only control which goes first when there's a fight.

Telepathic Tracking is playable in this window, per LSJ's cited ruling on the issue, which uses the terminology "Only usable when both combatants are still ready and combat is about to end." Combat is about to end via Rotschreck. Telepathic Tracking is allowed to interrupt it.

A re-written Psyche can use the same wording and work the same way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2011 16:07 #16835 by Jeff Kuta
First time I looked at the Complete Rules Reference.

Good stuff.

One addition:

VI. HOW TO RESOLVE A COMBAT
Note: If either of the combatants is burned[, goes to torpor, or goes to the incapacitated region], blah blah....

There may be more Imbued related issues in that document, but that is just the first I saw.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
05 Dec 2011 09:10 #17102 by Kraus
Let me ask for a clarification here. Everything else makes sense to me, but Rötschreck versus Strike: Combat Ends.

Strike: Combat Ends takes the combat round to part E, as per Complete Rules Reference (CRR). Rötschreck makes once again an exception here, does it? Rötschreck is thus not referring to a Strike: Combat Ends effect as in CRR, but ends the combat instantly, and the latter parts of combat never occur?

It does make sense, but doesn't at the same time. Rötschreck always was the exceptional card...

As a conclusion, the new ruling for Psyche! and Teletracking leave Rötschreck a wee bit stronger, don't they? If yes, I'm more than happy with this. Psyche! and Teletracking nullifying the stronger card never seemed intuitional or appropriate, somehow...

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
05 Dec 2011 09:53 #17105 by er-principe

As a conclusion, the new ruling for Psyche! and Teletracking leave Rötschreck a wee bit stronger, don't they? If yes, I'm more than happy with this. Psyche! and Teletracking nullifying the stronger card never seemed intuitional or appropriate, somehow...

? Rot is just as before, it will be interrupted by TT or psyche or coordinate attack and the like - only change is that psyche is played "in combat" and not
considered to be played outside

Emiliano
vekn.net administrators staff

More
05 Dec 2011 09:57 #17106 by Brum
My understanding is that anything that "ends combat", jumps the combat to "part E" of the Complete (Combat) Rules Reference.
Not just Strike: Combat Ends, but cards like Mariel - Lady Thunder, superior Alpha Glint, Elysium: The Arboretum, etc.
Rötschreck ends combat -> jumps combat to "part E".
It is in that part you can play Psyche!, thus interrupting the rest of Rötschreck's effects that would only enter after combat.

More
05 Dec 2011 11:03 #17109 by er-principe

My understanding is that anything that "ends combat", jumps the combat to "part E" of the Complete (Combat) Rules Reference.
Not just Strike: Combat Ends, but cards like Mariel - Lady Thunder, superior Alpha Glint, Elysium: The Arboretum, etc.

No, Pascal in fact already confirmed that nothing changes
in the respect of psyche vs rot (or similar) here

Emiliano
vekn.net administrators staff

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.440 seconds