file Window After a Blood hunt?

13 Jan 2012 00:48 #20784 by Malcolm Sprye

My argument was actually NOT that Reform body should be playable while Lay Low shouldn't. It was that either should be playable.

Basically:
Diablerie occurs.
Blood hunt is called
At this point, no action modifiers or reaction cards can be played.
Voting in blood hunt happens, and votes are tallied.
Time to resolve the blood hunt if it passed!
At this point, I feel the window should re-open
This allows The play of all those never used cards that are used when a vampire is being burned: reform body, abandoning the flesh, Ashes to Ashes, Consume the dead.

If there's some problem with opening that window that I don't see, then at least the golden rule should apply to those cards, as they say "only playable when a vampire is being burned" or "only playable when this vampire is being burned". They still won't see much play, but it's just silly that they can't be played in one of the two easiest situations to get burned (gettingdiablerized being the other way).

It's not a major thing either way, since none of these are cards that are much more than corner case regardless. Still, I hate to see cards that are more "wallpaper" than they have to be.

I agree. I think the diablerie rules should be changed to say that action modifiers and reactions cannot be played during the Blood Hunt referendum, only. Otherwise the other cards don't make a lot of sense: your vampire with :VIC: gets diablerized, but because he played Reform Body, the diablerie doesn't occur. However, if it didn't occur, how did the vampire get burned again?

I think I got it backwards when I was talking about Reform body. The diablerized vampire can play it, no problem. The diablerizing vampire should also be able to play it, if he is burned subsequently. See my above post regarding the Golden Rule and Subsets.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2012 01:25 #20787 by AaronC

I think I got it backwards when I was talking about Reform body. The diablerized vampire can play it, no problem. The diablerizing vampire should also be able to play it, if he is burned subsequently. See my above post regarding the Golden Rule and Subsets.

Regardless, I still think it should be possible to play cards during diablerie but not during the Blood Hunt referendum, so I agree with what you (perhaps confusedly) said.

A vampire that is going to be diablerized can play Reform Body, but if he does, the diablerie doesn't happen.
groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/4ba13f058e6a0c21

There are these cards that are played as a vampire "is being burned"; I think the rules set would be better if they were played during the step of diablerie in which the vampire was actually burned. As you said, it might "un-wallpaper" some cards.

From a source material perspective, the reason the vampire "would be burned" is a successful diablerie. The diablerie ACTUALLY OCCURS. It's just that afterwards the vampire manages to pull himself together again somehow.

More
13 Jan 2012 04:34 - 13 Jan 2012 04:41 #20792 by jAvel
Yeah, the victim uses vicistitude-cheat and reforms body, but why should i (diablerist) not take his money, guns and helicopter? Btw, do i gain blood from him? And do he lose his blood while reforming?
(yeah, i know that old joke story about antedeluvians, where the only thing that could stop Tzimice from reforming was diablerie)
Last edit: 13 Jan 2012 04:41 by jAvel.

More
13 Jan 2012 06:40 #20795 by Ohlmann

Yeah, the victim uses vicistitude-cheat and reforms body, but why should i (diablerist) not take his money, guns and helicopter? Btw, do i gain blood from him? And do he lose his blood while reforming?

In addition to the fact that trying to put too much sense in game mechanism is bad for the game, the vampire can be rebuild again quickly enough, so you can suppose that your vampire flee before taking the belonging of the vampires, that are likely to not be too obviously takeable.

(yeah, i know that old joke story about antedeluvians, where the only thing that could stop Tzimice from reforming was diablerie)

Then again, the chances of someone diablerizing Tzimisce and not losing its body to him seem pretty slim. Especially when you believe you are diablerizing Olga Triminov :p

More
27 Jan 2012 17:16 #21841 by erewego
Because if there is no re-opening of the window, how does one play Lay Low?

No action modifiers or reaction cards can be played during a blood hunt.

That is the main question. How does one play Lay Low as a action modifier?

Adam
The following user(s) said Thank You: AaronC

More
27 Jan 2012 19:01 #21856 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: Window After a Blood hunt?
because it is "only playable when a blood hunt referendum passes" and the rule book says "Whenever the cards contradict the rules, the cards take precedence."

and for the same reason that Wake is playable by tapped vampires

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds