file Elder Kindred Network and Vox Domini

07 Mar 2012 16:12 #25179 by jamesatzephyr

Until now, everything that cancels, makes a vote pass or fail automatically considers that the votes are not "tallied", that is the final vote count is not reached. Therefore, the number of votes "in favor" or "against" is unknown and considered to be 0.

That is the wording I wanted to hear.
I think something like this should be mentioned in rulebook.

The rulebook doesn't - in general - go into piddly little corner cases that affect only one card. That's what rulings and clarifications are for.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2012 20:16 #25208 by KevinM

a - "If there are not more votes in favor of the referendum than against the referenum when results are tallied, the Methuselah calling the referendum burns 1 pool plus 1 additional pool for each vote difference."

How about:
"When tallying the results, if there are not more votes in favor of the referendum than against, the Methuselah calling the referendum burns 1 pool plus 1 additional pool for each vote difference."

Removes grammatical redundancies and gives a lower character count (less text).

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
07 Mar 2012 20:56 - 07 Mar 2012 20:57 #25216 by Ankha

Ah.. my message got deleted as I was sending it..

I was saying that maybe this change I proposed wasn't the best.

What about the following:

a - "If there are not more votes in favor of the referendum than against the referenum when results are tallied, the Methuselah calling the referendum burns 1 pool plus 1 additional pool for each vote difference."

b - "If the referendum fails, the acting Methuselah burns 1 pool per vote missing to have had the referendum succeed".

c - "If the referendum fails, the acting Methuselah gains 1 pool per vote in favor of the referendum, and burns 1 pool per vote against the referendum."

Notice that option c is missing some words to cover the answer given earlier.

I'm happier with option a.

For me, "If the referendum fails when the results are tallied, the Methuselah calling the referendum burns 1 pool plus 1 additional pool for each vote difference." is clear enough. (alternative: "when the votes are tallied")

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 07 Mar 2012 20:57 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: henrik

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds