file Secret decklist

07 Mar 2012 21:49 #25228 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: Secret decklist
is it okay to have your grocery shopping list at the table?
what about a guitar and a chord book so you can practice during boring turns?
what about a holy bible so when you have to make a table deal with another player, you can put your hand on it and pretend you're being sworn in as president? (and then you hilariously break the deal anyway)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2012 22:02 #25229 by Pagan
Replied by Pagan on topic Re: Secret decklist

is it okay to have your grocery shopping list at the table?
what about a guitar and a chord book so you can practice during boring turns?
what about a holy bible so when you have to make a table deal with another player, you can put your hand on it and pretend you're being sworn in as president? (and then you hilariously break the deal anyway)

If you can do all that without impacting the game then feel free.

More
07 Mar 2012 22:10 #25231 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: Secret decklist
This isn't my decklist, it's my shopping list! see right here, I need to buy 4 cartons of blood dolls, 6 bottles of conditioning, 3 loaves of wakes, 1 bushel of pentex...

More
07 Mar 2012 23:42 #25245 by Mael
Replied by Mael on topic Re: Secret decklist

I think that last one would be a violation of rule 5.2 Unsportsmanlike Conduct, specifically the part against using profanity.
I'd be inclined to issue a warning for it.

More
08 Mar 2012 07:34 #25259 by NikolajWendt
Replied by NikolajWendt on topic Re: Secret decklist
Ok, this quickly turned into a matter of personal opinion for everyone. So I assume that to the question about whether there is anything in the rules that prohibit me from doing it, I would assume no. Barring cases where people use it for stalling or otherwise hindering the game.

PS:
The shopping list answer was the best. I am going to do that.

More
08 Mar 2012 08:17 #25278 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Secret decklist

Can you explain to us why you believe that having a deck list used by a player would always be a negative for the game?

I can try to explain: It is because it offers assistance for the player. Why should any such helpful equipment be allowed?

(As a side note: I´m also against the rules allowing people taking notes during play. In this game you can forget stuff, so why should you be allowed to take nptes? The only notes that should be allowed is pregame and postgame, things like who you played against etc.)

Also, thanks for all the childish comments here. Great level of discussion.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds