file More smartass ...: 'as card is played'

02 Apr 2012 11:29 #27089 by Pascal Bertrand

Wouldn't the rules more more intuitive and easy to remember if all methuselah's followed the same sequencing rules?

All Methuselahs follow the same sequencing rule: "If anyone does anything, the acting Methuselah gets the impulse to do the next thing."

"If anyone does anything" can't really be more generic. It's down to 4 words.
It's not the same as MTG (where the rule is something like "Play or pass"), and I'm not doing this change as it's a heavy change with little motivation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2012 11:37 #27091 by yappo
Combat is an even worse problem as it's possible to have a combat between two meths, none of whom is acting.

Blissful Agony at superior played by the acting Meth's minion destroys the impulse rules by forcing the opposing (read reacting) minion into combat with another minion. If said minion is controlled by a third player, then the acting/reacting dichotomy falls over and dies.

More
02 Apr 2012 11:42 #27093 by Chaitan

Wouldn't the rules more more intuitive and easy to remember if all methuselah's followed the same sequencing rules?

All Methuselahs follow the same sequencing rule: "If anyone does anything, the acting Methuselah gets the impulse to do the next thing."

"If anyone does anything" can't really be more generic. It's down to 4 words.
It's not the same as MTG (where the rule is something like "Play or pass"), and I'm not doing this change as it's a heavy change with little motivation.

I mean the same rules as in:

5. Sequencing. If two or more players want to play a card or effect, the acting Methuselah plays first. Once she is finished, the opportunity passes to the defending Methuselah (in the cases of directed actions and combat), then to the rest of the Methuselahs in clockwise order from the acting Methuselah. Note that if any Methuselah uses a card or effect, that Methuselah again gets the opportunity to play the next effect.

<and I guess here is where you insert the "as played" impulse in the case of cancel cards>

compared to the existing rules:

5. Sequencing. If two or more players want to play a card or effect, the acting Methuselah plays first. At every stage, the acting player always has the opportunity to play the next card or effect. So after playing one effect, she may play another and another. Once she is finished, the opportunity passes to the defending Methuselah (in the cases of directed actions and combat), then to the rest of the Methuselahs in clockwise order from the acting Methuselah. Note that if any Methuselah uses a card or effect, the acting Methuselah again gets the opportunity to play the next effect.

The change as you say is huge and would require extensive thought but is it really without motivation? I've been playing since jyhad came out and still fall into logical traps like my first post in this thread. :)

More
02 Apr 2012 11:47 #27094 by Pascal Bertrand

Combat is an even worse problem as it's possible to have a combat between two meths, none of whom is acting.

Blissful Agony at superior played by the acting Meth's minion destroys the impulse rules by forcing the opposing (read reacting) minion into combat with another minion. If said minion is controlled by a third player, then the acting/reacting dichotomy falls over and dies.

Who said we need an acting Methuselah in the combat?
What is needed is a "Start" point (who is the acting Methuselah in cases of Taunt the Caged Beast / Blissful Agony). [LSJ 20070319] .

More
02 Apr 2012 11:49 #27095 by Pascal Bertrand

The change as you say is huge and would require extensive thought but is it really without motivation? I've been playing since jyhad came out and still fall into logical traps like my first post in this thread. :)

I'm happier correcting misrouted players than digging holes ;)

More
02 Apr 2012 12:19 - 02 Apr 2012 12:22 #27097 by Suoli

The impulse would still pass to the acting player (by default, the player who's turn it is) after plays, who, not being involved in the combat, would most of the time pass it clockwise without playing effects. One combatant would still get to play all the cards he wants before passing impulse forward while the other could only play them one by one.
Last edit: 02 Apr 2012 12:22 by Suoli.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds