file Seraph's Second

02 Dec 2012 07:37 #42203 by drnlmza
Replied by drnlmza on topic Re: Seraph's Second

Good news are : you cannot play an action modifier when someone else's minion is acting (barring specific card text). so absolutely no need for rewording. Yay !

Sure we know that but the rules don't say that, they say:

Only the acting minion can play action modifiers, while only other Methuselahs' ready untapped minions can play reaction cards. The effect of an action modifier or a reaction card lasts for the duration of the current action by default.

so it's not obvious that if a card is playable by a non-acting minion e.g. Seraph's Second why it would only be limited to the minions also controlled by that Methuselah .

The rulebook doesn't specify, but the rules do:

Action Modifiers that can be played by minions other than the acting minion (Hidden Lurker, Mask of a Thousand Faces, superior Cloak the Gathering) can only be played by the controller of the acting minion. [LSJ 19990425]

--
National Coordinator
South Africa
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2012 09:06 #42209 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Seraph's Second

Action Modifiers that can be played by minions other than the acting minion (Hidden Lurker, Mask of a Thousand Faces, superior Cloak the Gathering) can only be played by the controller of the acting minion. [LSJ 19990425]

@Pascal: There's another example of the Unwritten Golden Rule (What LSJ said beats cards and rules).

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
02 Dec 2012 09:21 - 02 Dec 2012 09:25 #42211 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: Seraph's Second

@Pascal: There's another example of the Unwritten Golden Rule (What LSJ said beats cards and rules).

There is no "unwritten golden rule".

It appears to have been legitimately unclear.
Now it's written in the Rulings page.
Last edit: 02 Dec 2012 09:25 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
02 Dec 2012 09:23 #42212 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: Seraph's Second

Ok, sorry, cant reference secret library while answering on my phone. I need to just dig into my cards. They are right next to me, but non-discipline modifiers are on the bottom box of the pile.

How about: eleimelech bleeds. I have madness network out. Marge khan clan impersonates malks. Ss to untap. An i continually bleed with marge and untap with seraphs second each turn? Can i cross cloak with eliemelech while doing it?

Yes, and yes.

More
02 Dec 2012 18:54 #42238 by Squidalot
Replied by Squidalot on topic Re: Seraph's Second

There is no "unwritten golden rule".

It appears to have been legitimately unclear.
Now it's written in the Rulings page.

Point is it's fundamental enough that it should live in core rulebook over rulings page, I expect players to have read the rulebook but I don't see why they should need to look at the rulings for something like that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
02 Dec 2012 20:16 #42239 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Seraph's Second

How about: eleimelech bleeds. I have madness network out. Marge khan clan impersonates malks. Ss to untap. An i continually bleed with marge and untap with seraphs second each turn? Can i cross cloak with eliemelech while doing it?

(and by the way, you can do the same thing of bleeding every player turn with Unmada playing inf' forced march while Madness network is in play, it work on the same fashion)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds