file Rules Team Rulings - RTR 07/07/2016

13 Jul 2016 14:30 #77367 by Ankha

As we just received their answer, the implementation of the checkbox on the Event Module Creation isn't fully complete, and we kindly ask for your patience before creating Proxy-allowing events (it shouldn't take long).

Done.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2016 16:00 - 13 Jul 2016 16:09 #77369 by Rémi
Dear Ashur,

Dear all,

Thanks, that sounds some good news. May I ask why you still ask to print on standard paper and use a genuine cards to use proxies?

It prevents that kind of cheating. Do you understand what I am saying Rémi?

Thanks for considering my question
Howewer, I would say this is irrelevant since using a genuine card + proxy in the same sleeve make that sleeve heavier than a regular sleeve.
Following your point, using proxies not in every sleeve of a deck means a "cheating" risk.

By the way I 've put my first post on this thread just to say that :
- Allowing 100% of proxies in tounaments is OK for people who has got a collection even it it is really small.
- Allowing people without any genuine cards to go to tournament would have been better.

I understand that many people does not share those ideas.

Best Regards,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (France) a long time ago around 2003

Enjoy Vampire: Rivals games and many other gaming activities in Barcelona (Spain) with Association Khan Jugar:
sites.google.com/view/khanjugar/
Last edit: 13 Jul 2016 16:09 by Rémi.

More
14 Jul 2016 20:57 #77375 by Lönkka

[And that's generous of you to be willing to lend your cards to players who show up to tournaments without any cards. However, it should not be an expectation that players should hand out their cards for other players to borrow. People can easily forget to return them, or cards may get lost, or someone may just decide to start their own collection by stealing your cards...

Not lend, give if someone needs the cards.

ANYONE that has been playing the game for a while is buried in crappy commons and such. Who needs 216th copy of Domain Challenge?

I rather have new players around than metric crapload of wallpaper commons.
And it is not that difficult to make some straightforward common/uncommon only basic decks (see Extrala's articles on this at his blog) that can be given to newbies so they can get hooked on the game.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: acbishop

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
15 Jul 2016 06:18 #77378 by Boris The Blade
Can anyone show me those mythical players with 0 cards but deep enough knowledge of the game that they know exactly what they want to play? Building a deck list is much more of a barrier than getting 102 commons, and that also holds for old players who sold everything (or even those who kept a deck: remember that 90 card Gr. 1 :gang: deck? :whistle: )
The following user(s) said Thank You: acbishop

More
15 Jul 2016 12:17 #77379 by Ashur

Howewer, I would say this is irrelevant since using a genuine card + proxy in the same sleeve make that sleeve heavier than a regular sleeve.
Following your point, using proxies not in every sleeve of a deck means a "cheating" risk.

But it is still better than allowing people to print their own cards, or use whatever backers they want. Only allowing VTES cards means the exact measurements, which is more important than weight.

And I have to agree with Boris the Blade, if you can´t get a hold of ANY 100 or so crap commons to use as backers, you might not have the heart and commitment to bother playing a tournament at all.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
15 Jul 2016 13:51 #77380 by TwoRazorReign

But it is still better than allowing people to print their own cards, or use whatever backers they want. Only allowing VTES cards means the exact measurements, which is more important than weight.

If the concern is that having inconsistent card dimensions for backing cards will lead to cheating, then make the rule that all backing cards need consistent dimensions.

Building a deck list is much more of a barrier than getting 102 commons...

Not really. The VTES One blog lists tournament-quality deck archetypes. Just print one of those suckers out and you've got a tournament-quality deck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad, Rémi

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds