file Rules Team Rulings - RTR 07/07/2016

21 Jul 2016 00:12 - 21 Jul 2016 00:14 #77424 by TwoRazorReign

I'm so done with this conversation.

Ta-tah, dahlings!

By petulantly exiting the discussion instead of answering my question, you admit that requiring VTES cards for proxies in tournaments is a dumb rule that we are following for no real reason. I win! ;)
Last edit: 21 Jul 2016 00:14 by TwoRazorReign.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2016 15:48 #77461 by elotar

Ta-tah, dahlings!

By petulantly exiting the discussion instead of answering my question, you admit that requiring VTES cards for proxies in tournaments is a dumb rule that we are following for no real reason. I win! ;)

Nobody is forcing you to follow this rule. Make alternative player organization, deal with Paradox and play wherever you like.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
22 Jul 2016 16:08 #77464 by TwoRazorReign

Ta-tah, dahlings!

Nobody is forcing you to follow this rule. Make alternative player organization, deal with Paradox and play wherever you like.

My point was not to suggest I am being subjected against my will to rules I don't wish to follow. Rules are rules, and that's fine. My point is to suggest that maybe including this rule was unnecessary, and that this rule could potentially restrict people who don't own cards from playing in tournaments. My belief is that there should be minimal restrictions. I'm sure the rules team has a good answer why this rule exists, I just haven't heard it yet. Which is why I keep posting.

More
23 Jul 2016 06:29 #77471 by elotar

I'm sure the rules team has a good answer why this rule exists, I just haven't heard it yet.

The answer was given. If you can't hear it than it's your problem.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Lönkka

More
23 Jul 2016 10:06 #77474 by TwoRazorReign
And what was the answer again? All I saw was a question answered with a question. See the first page in this thread. Is there another answer here that I missed?

More
23 Jul 2016 10:42 - 23 Jul 2016 10:46 #77475 by GreyB

And what was the answer again? All I saw was a question answered with a question. See the first page in this thread. Is there another answer here that I missed?

I don't think this answer was given in this thread, but I read it somewhere else concerning PDF set cards, but it definitely applies to proxy cards as well.

You need to have official VTES/JYHAD backing cards to guarantee you're playing a 100% VTES/JYHAD product deck, even if you use proxy/pdf-set cards. As an organisation for promoting VTES and working on getting VTES back to print, it would be diplomatically (and legally) wrong to allow 100% self printed cards.

These rules apply to official VEKN sanctioned events. You can allow anything on unsanctioned events.

I don't see a big problem here, as a prince you can organise (unsanctioned) tournaments and allow 100% self printed cards. This would be great for new players, however there might be some nasty aftermath when VTES actual goes to print again, will you now disallow the self printed cards?

There's also a legal aspect, in essence 100% self printed cards ARE counterfeits and IP rights owners can in theory sue you to damnation. At least with official cards as backing, you can fall back on an official agreement between IP right owners and the VEKN organisation.

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength
Last edit: 23 Jul 2016 10:46 by GreyB.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds