file Shadow Court Satyr ruling reversal?

02 May 2022 16:16 - 02 May 2022 18:03 #105153 by inm8
I have now read the entire thread (again, had read it in the past) and I would say that if anything it makes it clear that “During” and “Once each” are NOT equivalents.

Furthermore, the thread is about “During X, do Y” and that Y is limited to once per X which people were trying to argue that “Once during each X, do Y” would be clearer.

Nowhere does the thread go into that “Once each” implies involvement is required.

If there is a specific portion that you think enforces and explains your point please quote it here.
Last edit: 02 May 2022 18:03 by inm8.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2022 00:45 #105157 by Kilrauko

I have now read the entire thread (again, had read it in the past) and I would say that if anything it makes it clear that “During” and “Once each” are NOT equivalents.

Furthermore, the thread is about “During X, do Y” and that Y is limited to once per X which people were trying to argue that “Once during each X, do Y” would be clearer.

Nowhere does the thread go into that “Once each” implies involvement is required.

If there is a specific portion that you think enforces and explains your point please quote it here.

This is quite easy to solve, the Text of Fatima
Name: Fatima al-Faqadi
[Promo-20010428, FN:PA, POD:DTC]
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Banu Haqim
Group: 2
Capacity: 8
Discipline: aus for CEL OBF QUI
Independent: Once each combat, before range is determined, Fatima can equip with a weapon from your hand (requirements and cost apply as normal). Blood cursed.
Artist: John Van Fleet

of the past and present matches the *current* text of shadow court satyr. Aka the "once each combat, do x".

Question therefore is, can Fatima equip with a weapon from hand if they're not involved in combat?

If they can, then the current wording for the Shadow Court Satyr enables to use the effect "as if from hand" during combats they're not involved in. After all, that's the same trigger. If they cannot, then SCS cannot behave like a vampire and play a combat card.

And for good measure, let's throw White Lily in as well,
Name: White Lily
[Promo-20060710, Third:PM]
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Malkavian antitribu
Group: 4
Capacity: 8
Discipline: cel dom for DEM OBF
Sabbat. Black Hand: Once per combat, before range is determined, White Lily may equip with a weapon from your hand. (Pay cost as normal.)
Artist: Lawrence Snelly

so we do not need to argue whether or not "Once each combat" and " Once per combat" work differently.

Trust in Jan Pieterzoon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joscha, ruiza97

More
03 May 2022 10:34 #105164 by inm8
I'm not after changing the functions of cards. I want the card text to be able to speak for itself only supported by the rules.

If they aren´t supposed to be able to do it during any combat I think the appropriate action is to errata their text to reflect that and not to make up a new term/template where "Once each combat" and "Once per combat" implies involvement (especially as others similar e.g "Once each action" and "Once each turn" means all actions and turns respectively).

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds