file Art of Memory

13 May 2013 09:39 #48465 by NikolajWendt
Replied by NikolajWendt on topic Re: Art of Memory
You shouldnt buy it! It doesnt work!

A bit unrelated, but at this weekend tournament in denmark we started talking about how this card can have any effect at all :)

Requires a Black Hand vampire. Only usable when the action is announced.
Remove this card from the game when it is played. If the action is successful, move one card played by this vampire during this action from your ash heap to your hand. Discard down to your hand size.

As you play the card, the very first thing you do is remove it from the game. How does the effect trigger after the action is successful, if it no longer in the game? :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2013 09:50 #48466 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Art of Memory
Why the card should not work exactly ? I mean, if I play conditioning, and someone remove the conditionning from my ash heap, my blmeed is still at +3 (or +2). Why would this be different here ?

More
14 May 2013 08:54 #48494 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Art of Memory

Why the card should not work exactly ? I mean, if I play conditioning, and someone remove the conditionning from my ash heap, my blmeed is still at +3 (or +2). Why would this be different here ?

Ohlmann, I think Nikolaj is joking with us. I know a few guys from Denmark and they have tried to sell me many bridges over there.

But if he's not, Art Of Memory works because it is removed from the game AFTER its effect is created. So where the card itself is doesn't matter; it's the effect that is held over until a later time, when the effect itself triggers.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
14 May 2013 18:52 #48507 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Art of Memory
All the Danes are smartass Alecs and instead of listening to them you should beat them with a stick. Preferably a big one.

Besides in their nation that consists mainly of several islands have plenty of bridges to sell.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
15 May 2013 11:47 #48524 by Jesper
Replied by Jesper on topic Re: Art of Memory

Ohlmann, I think Nikolaj is joking with us. I know a few guys from Denmark and they have tried to sell me many bridges over there.

But if he's not, Art Of Memory works because it is removed from the game AFTER its effect is created. So where the card itself is doesn't matter; it's the effect that is held over until a later time, when the effect itself triggers.

No this is not a joke, and we talked (or I did since I had nothing else to do) a bit about it.
Shouldent a card gets it effects in the order it say so on the card?

So I start by removing the card form the game and never get to read the next sentences. I know what the intend with the card is, and NO I dident enforce that ruling on the card. I just cant seem to understand why it wouldent be like that.

I mean, that if I play a psych after someone have rotschrecked me, its not like the Rotschreck is "floating" around remembering that the other vampire was going to torpor, why dose the card text on Art of Memory end upflowing around?

Also on antoher note can I DI an Art of Memory? As soon as I play it, it goes away ;o)

Semmes like I need to make an Art of Memory, Striga/Malafecia deck and bring to the NAC this year :-)

/Jesper

More
15 May 2013 11:49 #48525 by Jesper
Replied by Jesper on topic Re: Art of Memory

All the Danes are smartass Alecs and instead of listening to them you should beat them with a stick. Preferably a big one.

Besides in their nation that consists mainly of several islands have plenty of bridges to sell.

Ehhhh what, since when is Jutland and island, and thats about 60% of oure land mass (if not more.

Also why all this hate now :'-(

Cheers
/Jesper

;-)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds