file Art of Memory

09 May 2013 02:55 #48325 by Robert Scythe
Replied by Robert Scythe on topic Re: Art of Memory

According to Google, $1.94.

Well that's gotten a lot better. I remember a few years back Laurie & Hugh tromping around L.A. like they were kings, tossing money here and there with a smug "Here plebians, scrabble after my tidbits" look on their faces!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2013 04:04 #48326 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Re: Art of Memory

According to Google, $1.94.

Well that's gotten a lot better. I remember a few years back Laurie & Hugh tromping around L.A. like they were kings, tossing money here and there with a smug "Here plebians, scrabble after my tidbits" look on their faces!

Only partially related, but i distinctly remember being like 11 and trying to order 1 Oxyotl for my warhammer fantasy lizardmen army, and attempting to order it for £3.25 because they were selling it through the american online store link at $8.99, and that particular week or whatever when i checked exchange rates, it was a relative awesome deal (given my allowance back then).

But art of memory is i think a 4 per box average for BH, and im basing that on 4 boxes, getting as few as 2 and i think 6-8 in another. So, chec ebay for a real value, but id say $1.50-$2 is its value. Meaning its on par with a jyhadcpy of third trad, (rickstock has had them at like $1.50 for atleast a year or so) but worth way more than raking talons or walking stick. Id say that like any supply and demand arrangement, its worth in a trade is dependant on what eqch person has in abundance. Id gladly trade liquidation, which i never intend to use, for bteer cards, like a cog, that go in like 57% of decks i play. But someone who is all about girls decks may feel differently.

Bottom line, its worth maybe 2 tazte of vitae, or 1\2 to 1\3 of a freak drive. Its an uncommon, i think, and its utility is existant, but not as high as lets say deflection. And ~$2 card is in the same general value range.....

More
09 May 2013 07:13 - 09 May 2013 08:39 #48327 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Art of Memory

One of my buddies has one and he wants to trade it, but I never get good trades from him (especially nor that he knows he has something I want).:dry:

Are good trades ones that you get valued card for utter drivel?
For me they are fair and balanced for both.

If you have a "friend" that seems to want to scam you with all the trades I'd suggest that you either refrain from trading with him or, as the last ditch, use the same tactics against him. Not forgetting to put in your poker face.

One way that you can estimate relative value of cards is to check the compleated listings from ebay. Red prices mean that the item wasn't sold and green means the opposite.

For Art of Memory it shows three sales:
$1.29
$1.54
$4.5 for three copies (=$1.62 each)

Median Mean price thus is $1.48

For comparison Target Vitals' median mean is $4.46 and Immortal Grapple's is $0,76.

Prices tend to fluctuate if there hasn't been that many transactions but you should at least get some estimate whether are extremely cheap, mid-priced or very expensive.

But prices matter little if both sides of the trade are happy with the trade.

EDIT: Happy now *******?
Yours, ESL speaker who doesn't really specialize in math

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 09 May 2013 08:39 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
09 May 2013 07:27 - 09 May 2013 07:28 #48328 by kombainas
Replied by kombainas on topic Re: Art of Memory
Argh, my nerdy eyes! :pinch:

Median price thus is $1.48

Median price would be 1.54 if you count only separate sales, 1.62 if you count separate cards. Did you mean medium?

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.
Last edit: 09 May 2013 07:28 by kombainas.

More
09 May 2013 09:46 #48331 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Art of Memory

But prices matter little if both sides of the trade are happy with the trade.

I agree with the rest of your post, but this little bit needs a caveat.

If both sides of the trade are happy with the trade BUT ONE SIDE IS TOTALLY RIPPING OFF THE OTHER SIDE then prices are an issue.

This doesn't happen often -- mostly in Magic -- but I've seen it in every "collectible" hobby enough that it's worth noting for the community.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
13 May 2013 08:08 #48451 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Art of Memory
I'm with you Kev.

But a gentleman doesn't rip other person off in a trade.

People who prey on noobs to trade high value cards for crap are, at least to me, more or less akin to pedophiles.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KevinM

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds