file On Villein. 1. "problematic card"

21 Nov 2011 00:14 #15153 by bakija
CON

"A vampire may have only 1 Villein".

Not a huge fix. Simple. Clean. Yeah, doesn't save you from the "I started with 40 pool 'cause of Villein/GIant's Blood" issue, but if you can't stack Villeins on a single minion, there are only so many that are worth using in a deck, which means they come up less often. A small tweak. But probably a reasonable one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2011 04:35 #15165 by KevinM

CON

"A vampire may have only 1 Villein".

Not a huge fix. Simple. Clean. Yeah, doesn't save you from the "I started with 40 pool 'cause of Villein/GIant's Blood" issue, but if you can't stack Villeins on a single minion, there are only so many that are worth using in a deck, which means they come up less often. A small tweak. But probably a reasonable one.

While this is possibly-good reasoning, I have never heard anyone say that they are running the quantities of Villein in their decks so that they can use multiples. They run the quantities of Villein in their decks so that they get to them. To me, "A vampire may have only 1 Villein" would change almost nothing except the icing on the cake.

People should be play testing these Villein fixes on JOL...

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
21 Nov 2011 14:38 #15235 by bakija

While this is possibly-good reasoning, I have never heard anyone say that they are running the quantities of Villein in their decks so that they can use multiples. They run the quantities of Villein in their decks so that they get to them. To me, "A vampire may have only 1 Villein" would change almost nothing except the icing on the cake.

People should be play testing these Villein fixes on JOL...

Yeah, this is probably true.

More
21 Nov 2011 15:54 #15256 by Isanwayen
PRO

I learned playing V:tes after KoT came out. So IU didn't know a time without Villein. And I never missed a time without Villein.
Villein may be one reason why more and more tables time out, but there are several more. Tend the Flock (which turns Baali decks into real Bloat machines)for example. Or maybe much more important is, that players tend to try different, less aggressive decks.
Furthermre Villein is not card you can't cope with, since each player has access to one of the most beautiful anti-bloat card... Sudden Reversal.

I can't really see the reason, that Villein is bad, cause it made Minion Tap unplayable. There were so many cards before that are unplayable in a comparible manner. Shall we start a petition to change the wording of all those cards?

Guess not.

More
21 Nov 2011 16:10 #15261 by AaronC

I can't really see the reason, that Villein is bad, cause it made Minion Tap unplayable. There were so many cards before that are unplayable in a comparible manner.

That is not true at all.

It is not like comparing Flak Jacket to Kevlar Vest or Meat Cleaver to Baseball Bat or Daring the Dawn to Day Operation. The latter is superior, but doesn't make the former unplayable. The presence of more than one Villein on a table makes Minion Tap so un-competitive as to be unplayable.

There are very few cards that target other cards by name. Villein, Vessel, and Tarautas are three.

More
21 Nov 2011 16:40 #15267 by Lech

I can't really see the reason, that Villein is bad, cause it made Minion Tap unplayable. There were so many cards before that are unplayable in a comparible manner.

That is not true at all.

It is not like comparing Flak Jacket to Kevlar Vest or Meat Cleaver to Baseball Bat or Daring the Dawn to Day Operation. The latter is superior, but doesn't make the former unplayable. The presence of more than one Villein on a table makes Minion Tap so un-competitive as to be unplayable.

There are very few cards that target other cards by name. Villein, Vessel, and Tarautas are three.

There are more card that target by name, even in AH there were some.

And to be fair,better cards that have the same opportunity to play make worse cards unplayable, like aforementioned meat cleaver and flak jacket and day operation are all wallpapers.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds