file Lilith's Blessing... a poor NYC prince simple question

27 Apr 2012 20:17 #28846 by Surreal

But you can still consider me as a troll, since I'm always a bit on the trolling side. No offense taken :side:

That's cool, didn't ment my post anything personal. It is cool that you get the topics interesting and give good arguments. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2012 20:23 #28847 by Ashur

it is auto include with some decks

What card is not an "auto include in some decks"?

But you are right - if your goal is to survive and not oust, you can always find room for Lilith´s. In my meta that doesn´t work that good anymore.

Do these rants about certain cards ever stop? It just seem that someone encounters a deck with a trick that works, and then goes "this is broken, better ban it now or someone else will get hurt". There are actual problems in this game, and Lilith´s blessing is certainly not the worst of them. Not even close.

Lean back, design a deck that can handle the trick snd let your meta evolve (if it ever does?)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum

More
27 Apr 2012 20:32 - 27 Apr 2012 20:36 #28849 by Reyda

he writes and answer why he´s wrong instead of going on like this.

To be honnest, I read everything. But game theories don't always beat the cold hard facts. Those facts being : you can never get wrong including Lilith's blessing in your deck, and with little deckbuilding effort you can abuse it to the point it's changing the game in a bad way.

the only deck where I won't automatically include Lilith would be an Imbued deck :p

My biggest problem with Lilith is that it works so good with Villein and it is auto include with some decks. This is a bit obvious. You don't have to focus your deck with Lilith, just add 2x if playing with Villein and your deck is better.

Biggest thing for me is that I don't understand the design behind Lilith. It shouldn't be rewarded to go 0 blood with your vampire, it should be the oppisite. Poor planning should not be rewarded ever. Players shoul always think carefully how much blood to leave. But this is a bit personal issue also because I hate the game play when everyone bloats, blocks and doesn't go foward. Lilith can encourage that and person with best sitting muscles usually wins.

I agree 100% here.

The other problems lilith's amplifiate is overbloat syndrome. So you have kinds of deck who Villein/lillith, influence other vamps, do it again and basically have vamps out for free. And they don't care if they let a VP go in the process because at some point they have massive pool and say "the game will end on a time limit... Why don't we make a deal so you and me get Moar Veepees ?"
I like it when clever play and good deckbuilding is rewarded. Just sitting with tons of pool and splitting VPs because time is running out sounds not so fun...

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 27 Apr 2012 20:36 by Reyda.

More
27 Apr 2012 20:35 - 27 Apr 2012 20:48 #28850 by Surreal

Do these rants about certain cards ever stop?

I agree with your whole post. I think meta should evolve and in Vtes it haven't changed so much. But I also think meta in vtes is not so serious thing as in 1vs1 games but that is another topic. My main thing with Lilith is that rewards you to go 0 blood which should not be encouraged. There are always rants about "too strong" cards. I don't think Lilith is too strong, just example of a bad dedign if you ask me.
Last edit: 27 Apr 2012 20:48 by Surreal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum

More
27 Apr 2012 20:39 - 27 Apr 2012 20:40 #28851 by Reyda
As Pascal pointed out in another thread : Lilith was designed for a storyline event, and was not made unique so anyone could play it without harming the spirit of this special event.
Most of Storyline cards were not designed for regular play (else everyone would have fun with the nergal deck >=) )
Maybe the card was simply overlooked, or not playtested in real conditions ?

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 27 Apr 2012 20:40 by Reyda.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AaronC

More
27 Apr 2012 21:15 #28853 by drnlmza

Do these rants about certain cards ever stop?

Based on these forums, the news group and player discussions, the answer is no, they never stop.

--
National Coordinator
South Africa

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds