check Expansion Update

02 Nov 2011 21:27 - 02 Nov 2011 21:35 #13252 by Myrdin
Replied by Myrdin on topic Re: Expansion Update

So, to try to be as eloquent as you, "waah waah cry cry I don't have the number of players in VtES that satisfies me as an Organizer."

So you create a non-sanctioned tournament that allows proxies!

Yay! Your entire problem is solved. You'll have hundreds of new players by the end of next year!

Actually in stockholm we're almost there. We've allowed proxies in the league games and we also print large amounts of the most common staple cards (villein) and distribute them amongst whomever wants them, just to increase the quality of players decks. Add to this that our playgroup is growing with new players and old players finding their way back and not being scared off by the lack of new cards.

Ivan - Prince of Stockholm
Last edit: 02 Nov 2011 21:35 by Myrdin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Dorrinal, direwolf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2011 22:26 #13259 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Expansion Update

There is one thing people didn't mention: that would make our Tournament Prizes completely worthless, therefore Tournaments less interesting. We don't want that.

You don´t have to have cards as prizes. You can have pizzas or cash or whatever. And I don´t play for prizes, I play to win! :)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
03 Nov 2011 08:16 #13271 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Re: Expansion Update
No proxies evar!!! :laugh:

Rare cards availability is not a problem for new players to enter the game, nobody is expecting to win CCG tournaments just with starters. $60 cards even may be positive signal that the game is alive.

PS: I still think that Villein must be banned :)

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
03 Nov 2011 08:19 #13273 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Expansion Update

In my opinion, casual play and organized play are both as important and should both be merged as much as possible.

New players will start with casual play in 99,99% of instances.

But if you can't get new players in for casual play even if proxies are allowed, then the talk about tournament scene and proxies is mere rhetoric.

My opinion still stands:
No proxies (in tournaments). EVER.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
03 Nov 2011 09:13 - 03 Nov 2011 09:14 #13274 by Myrdin
Replied by Myrdin on topic Re: Expansion Update

But if you can't get new players in for casual play even if proxies are allowed, then the talk about tournament scene and proxies is mere rhetoric.

My opinion still stands:

No new expansion for you then since the distribution will most likely be via printed proxies :pinch:

Ivan - Prince of Stockholm
Last edit: 03 Nov 2011 09:14 by Myrdin.

More
03 Nov 2011 09:27 #13276 by er-principe
Replied by er-principe on topic Re: Expansion Update

My opinion still stands:

No new expansion for you then since the distribution will most likely be via printed proxies :pinch:

This is moslty incorrect notion - printed cards from pdf sets won't "proxy" at all old exisisting published cards, so the new ones will be considered genuine game cards outright and not "proxy" cards
Also, tournament rules on cards allowed will be modyfied accordingly, once the pdf set will be published

Emiliano
vekn.net administrators staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds