check Stepping down from the Design Team

21 Apr 2012 06:48 #28284 by Azel
He did. It was sarcasm. And it was directed at you. Go forth and have at it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2012 19:26 #28302 by Amenophobis
Dear V:TES Community,

We are aware of the concerns that have been expressed so far and want to reassure the players it was never our intent to withhold our cards from the community. We apologize if we were not clear enough about what we are intending to do.

Eric, Jeff, and I are going to continue developing our cards on our own and these cards will be freely available for use by the public. We will be doing this voluntarily out of our love for the game – we are not seeking to make any monetary profit.

When we are finished with our set after additional public playtesting (any players interested in playtesting would be welcome), we will make the set available to the public and the V:EKN has the option to sanction the use of our set in official V:EKN tournaments. We would be pleased if they did.

In the past, some players have specifically stated that they don’t care how the cards are designed, they just care about the end results. The fact that we are now working independently should not matter if it still results in quality cards. This could be beneficial to the V:TES community if it means that more quality cards are developed. More ideas means more potential expansions.

We will be finishing up our current Sabbat set and will be ready for Round 3 soon. We have already started work on our next set which will focus on the Laibon sect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baaliprimogen

More
21 Apr 2012 19:46 #28303 by Ashur

Eric, Jeff, and I are going to continue developing our cards on our own

Are you serious? This is getting really ugly.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, acbishop

More
21 Apr 2012 20:05 #28304 by Ohlmann
I agree with Ashur. Having the VTES community splitted between thoses who accept your card and thoses who refuses them could be pretty bad. Especially since it will also reinforce thoses opposed to the whole concept.

Please note that for now I don't have too much fear about the quality of the work. I only worry about the consequence. Ironically, especially if your set is better than the "official" one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
21 Apr 2012 21:21 #28306 by Wedge
I don't recall seeing any post saying they were upset your cards would not be in the set per sec, only a concern about the future of this set and our community in general.

I really don't where your concern lays, with the cards your worked on or the future of VTES.

I would like VEKN to release, the posts, threads, etc.. of those months prior to Peal returning so that I can form a more inform opinion of this rift you three are creating. My main interest the 3% and the nature of your replies to them.

I believe one you gave us Lilith's Blessing, so I hope you can understand my concern on the impact on the game your cards may have.

I wonder why you waited until after the second round of play-testing came back to make this move. Could it be that the results were less than favorable?

Should I get a couple of guys together for cardtext and art as well?
Would you be receptive to my contributions?
Where does it stop?

More
21 Apr 2012 22:25 #28309 by Brum
My opinion has nothing to do with personal matters. I'm sorry, but I would only like to see VEKN sanctioned cards created and developed by the Design Team.
It would be a mistake for VEKN to sanction cards outside of the Design Team.
Even if that Design Team is disfunctional, it is VEKN's team.
What would other volunteers that work with VEKN think?
National Coordinators, Princes, other Inner Circles, etc.

As much as I would like to see Montano or other vampires out, I draw a line in what I think can be more beneficial to the game than my own personal wants.

There is a Design Team. Regardless of the problems it had, it is still in function.
Maybe next time there will be another. Maybe with some of you three in it.
Maybe with a different IC.
Then that team will be the Design Team.

I don't think that showing us what we are missing out by your departure of the DT is a good thing. Specially because those cards will never get final playtest by the same group as the ones released, therefore we would never really know, would we?

On a personal note: In my opinion you guys are fundamental members of the VtES community.
One is a NC, other is an IC (in an area that is very dear to me), and lots of people that know Jeff write good things about him (I don't know him, but I trust those who do).
I don't like things that alienate you more.
I think this would. Honestly.

Tiago
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, acbishop, Boris The Blade

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds