check Stepping down from the Design Team

22 Apr 2012 15:59 #28362 by Wedge

So you want the V:EKN to produce a set of 30 underpowered cards that hardly anybody is going to use because they are underpowered (just like the 1000+ underpowered cards we already have)? May I ask why? I mean everything possible is done to no create overpowered cards, but deliberately aiming at all underpowered seems to make the whole idea of the set useless to me.

Underpowered was an overstatement on my part. It is my feeling that the 20-21 crypt cards being produced be made up of support vampires, not stars.

I the library in past sets we got rares, uncommons and commons. Most rares and uncommons will not be an issue as there are only so many one will put in a deck 2-3 and 4-6 respectively, but there are exceptions. It is the exceptions I do not want to see in the first VEKN set.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2012 17:17 #28365 by Ashur

I the library in past sets we got rares, uncommons and commons. Most rares and uncommons will not be an issue as there are only so many one will put in a deck 2-3 and 4-6 respectively, but there are exceptions. It is the exceptions I do not want to see in the first VEKN set.

Why?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
23 Apr 2012 04:12 #28373 by Ankha

The cards we have designed are not to be used by the V:EKN Design Team. Since the creative content for Round 1 originated from our work (including Jeff Kuta’s), and had no significant contributions from the remaining Design Team members, we insist that the Design Team refrains from further playtest of such cards and from including them in the upcoming set without our explicit permission. This creative content includes all of the cards from Round 1, with one exception, and any other ideas that we initiated and explored.

So VEKN can't use the material "provided" by the quiting team, but the quiting team can use the playtest work provided by VEKN?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, acbishop, vragozakas

More
23 Apr 2012 05:19 #28375 by johannes

We are aiming for usable but not game breaking. Power level along the lines of Enhanced Senses, Sense the Savage Way, Public Trust, Cavalier, Torn Signpost.

Rarity as a counter to power level? Sounds very unfair to me. For example I was always in the position where my collection is so big that I can have virtually any number of any card I want, rarity was not a limiting factor for some people. Easily available new cards without rarity are certainly balancing out the field more than anything else.

More
23 Apr 2012 06:08 #28377 by PetriWessman

And for future sets we should appoint developers, who really want to work for the game and not for their egos.:angry:

Amen.

Look, creative people get differences in opinion. That's normal. But what needs to happen, a lot, is what's called "Killing Your Darlings": if testing reveals that your cherished creations do not work well in practice, you need to get rid of them. No matter how much you're in love with what you've created, and no matter how much you personally believe in them.

This sort of thing needs to be a group effort. I don't know the details of what's going on here (though I've heard some bits and pieces which I'll keep private via off-forum channels), but it's clear that it's a personality/ego issue.

All that matters in the end is the quality of the cards being designed, and whether or not they work in actual play. Period.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara, Lönkka, acbishop, Ashur, Hakuron, DTA

More
23 Apr 2012 06:48 #28380 by Ohlmann

This sort of thing needs to be a group effort. I don't know the details of what's going on here (though I've heard some bits and pieces which I'll keep private via off-forum channels), but it's clear that it's a personality/ego issue.

I would like to remind that the messengers (the three one who step down) may not be the ones with ego problems. Even if they don't help theirs cases with the whole "we will release our card anyway".

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds