check Stepping down from the Design Team

20 Apr 2012 17:03 #28254 by D-dennis

We both are committed to continuing to serve the V:TES player base.

You are welcome at our tournament in Brussels this sunday. It's the Belgian National Championship, and it's going to be awesome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2012 17:16 #28255 by Ohlmann

It seems that there is some serious dysfunction in the upper stratum of the EKN. I really hope with the rate at which they are alienating design team members, there is a serious reappraisal of the situation.

I would narrow this to serious interpersonal problems. The fact that they want theirs cards ideas to be removed seem to point to ego problem. Hard to tell which and in which manner, still.

More
20 Apr 2012 17:46 #28258 by johannes

It seems that there is some serious dysfunction in the upper stratum of the EKN. I really hope with the rate at which they are alienating design team members, there is a serious reappraisal of the situation.

No, there was a serious dysfunction in the design team. Since the remaining people from one of the alienated groups decided to step down that problem is now solved. If by "upper stratum" you refer to "Inner Circle", all is swell there, no major disagreements.

It is a bitter experience that we as a player organization were not able to reconcile those differences but it is a reality. We are now looking forward and I can only assure you the development of the new set is still on track.

More
20 Apr 2012 17:58 #28260 by porphyrion

I would narrow this to serious interpersonal problems. The fact that they want theirs cards ideas to be removed seem to point to ego problem. Hard to tell which and in which manner, still.

i wouldn't narrow it down *that* easily. i think the problems at the top need addressing ASAP or else the combination of unnecessary secrecy and ill-boding rumours and resignations could do major damage to the authority of the Inner Circle (since it appears their loyalty base is crumbling fast).
i know Eric Chiang and must say his love for the game is indeed huge and profound. A decision to step down from the team isn't taken lightly by him, i'm sure.

More
20 Apr 2012 18:38 #28262 by Ohlmann

I think the problems at the top need addressing ASAP or else the combination of unnecessary secrecy and ill-boding rumours and resignations could do major damage to the authority of the Inner Circle (since it appears their loyalty base is crumbling fast).

Then again, they *may* be already addressed at least in the upper strates. I would not praise the communication strategy of the VEKN, because of the aforementioned ill-binding rumors, but I'd prefer to wait for the result before lynching the inner circle. Please note that one of the people that resigned here keep its seat in the inner circle ; I suppose it mean that they don't believe the VEKN to be too corrupted.

For the expansion, there is three outcome possible for me :

* the set is launched and is well-liked. I would conclude that the Inner curcle is bad at communication but know how to do stuff.

* the set is aborted. I would conclude that the inner circle wasn't skillfull enough to suceed at this project, but know when to quit.

* the set is launched and is considered as bad and ill-conceived. Then I would begin to either ignore the VEKN or petition for leadership replacement in the inner circle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dude_PL, porphyrion

More
20 Apr 2012 18:48 #28264 by Wedge
I may be assuming, but it seems to me that the rift in the DT started from the beginning. In Kutas original post he stated that he and two other designers made up ~97% of the posts regarding new cards and or direction of the set. I do not know why this was so, nor why the interim DT leader did not strive to inspire more input from the other members (if in fact he did not).

I assume these two were the remaining members of that triumvirate. I cannot say that I am sorry(as I have no real info to form an opinion), other than that I now know that two more have left.

As for harping on the Volunteers in the IC, unless you are going to put up, shut up. We in the general VTES community do not have enough info to form a meaningful opinion.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds