check Stepping down from the Design Team

22 Apr 2012 00:42 #28311 by KevinM

On a personal note: In my opinion you guys are fundamental members of the VtES community. One is a NC, other is an IC (in an area that is very dear to me), and lots of people that know Jeff write good things about him (I don't know him, but I trust those who do). I don't like things that alienate you more. I think this would. Honestly.

It's becoming clear to me, given Jeff, Carl, and Eric's public actions, that it was less Ben's actions and absence being a problem than it was one or more of those three letting their emotional state overwhelm them for months, convincing themselves that Ben was not the project director, and eventually being unwilling to work with Ben to form some sort of solution.

I say this being friends with Jeff and Eric (I don't know Carl) and hoping to continue that friendship.

But it's quite telling when you not only publicly resign from a job but you then take your tools, tell those who were your former employers and supervisors that any materials that you touched during your employment aren't to be touched by your former employer, and that you, on your own, are continuing the projects that you formerly worked on jointly.

I don't care to hear the reasoning -- we've all read the reasoning already -- but I'd like to know what foundation their actions are setting up and how this fracturing of the design team will be good for the VTES community.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2012 01:06 - 22 Apr 2012 01:07 #28312 by Lambach
"It's becoming clear to me, given Jeff, Carl, and Eric's public actions, that it was less Ben's actions and absence being a problem than it was one or more of those three letting their emotional state overwhelm them for months, convincing themselves that Ben was not the project director, and eventually being unwilling to work with Ben to form some sort of solution."

No I think it has to do with the quality of the cards being produced by the current VEKN process which we are not allowed to talk about.
Last edit: 22 Apr 2012 01:07 by Lambach.

More
22 Apr 2012 01:19 #28313 by KevinM

"It's becoming clear to me, given Jeff, Carl, and Eric's public actions, that it was less Ben's actions and absence being a problem than it was one or more of those three letting their emotional state overwhelm them for months, convincing themselves that Ben was not the project director, and eventually being unwilling to work with Ben to form some sort of solution."

No I think it has to do with the quality of the cards being produced by the current VEKN process which we are not allowed to talk about.

This isn't enough of a complete thought for me to comment on. Perhaps you could further define what you are suggesting and explain why you think that way?

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
22 Apr 2012 01:45 - 22 Apr 2012 01:47 #28314 by Wedge

I infer that you have seen some of the cards. I hope by "the Quality" being produced you mean underpowered. If VEKN prints all power cards in this first Non CCG Expansion, I will be gravely Disappointed.

If there are going to be power cards, limits may need to be put into place for deck construction.
Last edit: 22 Apr 2012 01:47 by Wedge.

More
22 Apr 2012 04:15 #28315 by Lambach
Based on what they have posted in these forums, Jeff Carl and Eric don't like the way cards are being designed and vetted by the Ben Peal/Phase 2 design team. It's pretty clear if you have played with the cards which ones came from which team. No one under NDA is allowed to talk specifics about this. So of course to the average forum reader (not suggesting that you are as I have no idea) it will seem like Jeff et.al. are just being immature jerks because nobody who avtually knows anything can say anything.

More
22 Apr 2012 04:36 #28316 by Wedge
Well it is possible I am a below average forum reader, but the fact remains that this expansion will not be collectable. Rather it can be printed at will. That should be taken into account by designers, playtesters and the community.

I hope none of the crypt cards will be worth putting more than three copies in it.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds