check Stepping down from the Design Team

22 Apr 2012 08:52 #28329 by johannes

But that's just two possibility. We are completely unable to see who the blame is - I just won't believe blindly neither Johannes nor the quitters. Both have badly handled the case, at least publicly.

Uh, I think you are maybe confusing things here. There is a) Ben Peal as the DT leader. They were unable to work together with Ben for reasons I still cannot follow. Then b) the Inner Circle (and not me personally) was asked to sort the thing out by Jeff/Carl/Eric. Despite several good-willed proposals there was no agreement to be reached, first with Jeff/Carl/Eric and then with Carl/Eric. I never chose to deal with the publicity, also it wasn´t in my job description for chairman to "deal with ugly fall out of personal crusades", so yeah give me some adjustment time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2012 08:57 #28330 by Ohlmann
@Pascal Bertrand : I know that, but it won't prevent people from accepting a fan set if they believe it add a lot to the game. Or refusing both set. Not everything is VEKN-sanctioned.

@Ohlmann: one of the issues I see with your plan is the hours and hours that lots of people already put into the project.

Well, we have three people who have already been cheated of their effort - and nobody say they were doing nothing. Cheating everybody is harsh, but at least it don't feel like favoritism.

More
22 Apr 2012 09:03 #28332 by Ohlmann

Uh, I think you are maybe confusing things here. There is a) Ben Peal as the DT leader. They were unable to work together with Ben for reasons I still cannot follow. Then b) the Inner Circle (and not me personally) was asked to sort the thing out by Jeff/Carl/Eric.

I said your name as "the one who speak on behalf of the inner circle", because I see you as this. The idea is that they are most likely failure both on the J/C/E part and on inner circle + Ben part. And I think both of thoses parties will try to hide some ugly deeds.

They may even not be aware of theirs own problems. It's often hard for someone to realize being obnoxious, doing favoritism, or trying to hog the glory or something like that. I can totally believe that everyone involved is trying to do is best without seeing its own fault.

(that's part of the reason for wich undiscrimate blame is sometime good)

More
22 Apr 2012 09:14 #28333 by johannes

I said your name as "the one who speak on behalf of the inner circle", because I see you as this.

OK, fair enough.

The idea is that they are most likely failure both on the J/C/E part and on inner circle + Ben part. And I think both of thoses parties will try to hide some ugly deeds.

I have no ugly deeds to hide. I still don´t think it would do any good to release a massive amount of communication transcript since only a very few people would be able to even consume it (considering time as a constraint) so it must lead to a heated discussion between half informed people. But I am not worried about anything I said to anybody.

In a real world situation you would now have a special prosecutor who spends months dissecting all the available material and then there would be hearings and whatnot. Since I don´t think we can and should have anything like that I would ask people to either give some trust to the VEKN and Inner Circle.

More
22 Apr 2012 09:22 #28334 by johannes

@Pascal Bertrand : I know that, but it won't prevent people from accepting a fan set if they believe it add a lot to the game. Or refusing both set. Not everything is VEKN-sanctioned.

Correct. However everything the VEKN does is VEKN sanctioned :) It is perfectly fine for anybody to have a tournament with whatever rules or cards he wants out there. It will just not be a constructed, sanctioned tournament, he can enter it as a limited event. For all I know there are people out there playing with 4 card limit rules, self-designed vampires and whatnot. I encourage all of that.

What I would not encourage is trying to do something that resembles an official set creation process with possible intent or effect of sidetracking and taking resources from an official VEKN set creation effort.

Again, the creation of the VEKN set is involving a massive amount of playtesters beyond what was ever done before and everybody is trying to make sure this set will be well received by the community through having an organized effort to test and verify everything with a good representation of the community.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
22 Apr 2012 10:24 #28339 by Brum

Well, we have three people who have already been cheated of their effort - and nobody say they were doing nothing. Cheating everybody is harsh, but at least it don't feel like favoritism.

How it all seemed to me:
- [Stuff] happen that made 3 DT members feel betrayed. If [Stuff] gave them good reason, if they also helped to create [Stuff], if it was all a big miss understanding or freak accident of nature is irrelevant (at this stage!). It happened and they feel the way they do.
- They left. VEKN didn't expel them.
They felt they had no choice. That is very clear. But it is quite different than being fired.
In this I don't understand how you consider going on with the project looks like favoritism.

It seems to me that what you propose is for the VEKN to do something that might produce in hundreds of people the same feeling that those three gentlemen have.

Shifting from the problem to the solution:
- Is the VEKN making sure that the individual expertise of each of the departing members are fully restored in the DT?
On this stage I feel it is important for VEKN IC to describe how.
- Is the IC considering to study this whole process and take all that has happened into account in future Expansion Designs? Please do this after the release of this one and not before.

This hardship and the way they deal with might be VEKN IC's greatest achievement ever. Or it might be a missed opportunity.
You know, the old cliché that hardship is the best opportunity for growth and learning.

Tiago
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds