check Stepping down from the Design Team

23 Apr 2012 07:15 #28383 by Lönkka

Eric, Jeff, and I are going to continue developing our cards on our own and these cards will be freely available for use by the public.

No! For the love of Caine, please, no!

The game doesn't need any Cold Waresque competition between "Officially Designed Cards TM" and "Cards Designed by Former Design Team Members TM". That way lies only madness and it will diminish us as a whole.

To me this sounds pretty much like playground grievances of 6 year olds, so
to be harsh, if you really want the best for the game, grow up, grow a pair and "return" the cards you designed back to the VEKN.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
23 Apr 2012 07:18 #28386 by salem
Reminds me of MJL/NJL vs DCI.

That eventually worked out. Maybe this will too.

--
salem

More
23 Apr 2012 10:03 #28390 by Robba Yaga
I guess we'll see what the card set looks like under the DT leader's influence and without his influence. Perhaps that will give some insight into the true nature of this dispute.

If one version is significantly better (or more broken) than the other, that will certainly give me some perspective.

More
23 Apr 2012 10:20 #28395 by Hakuron
Somehow, the situation reminds me of the game, our great hobby V:tES, itself:
An eternal struggle, with all kinds of "battles" waging to and fro ...
This time, it is not for VPs and GWs, but for good cards and a good edition ...
This one should not be decided by time-out, for the sake of the game ...
;)

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
24 Apr 2012 07:46 #28547 by supertoc
We have not, apart from those directly involved, enough information to make us a precise idea of what really happened.

I cooperated in the initial phase of playtesting and I worked for the community, spending hours and hours to create decks with new cards and integrate them with existing decks ... I just hope all this work was not useless.

Like other testers (in my group) I did it for the good of the community and because I love vtes.

so i just hope that all those involved, regardless of their reasons, they can put aside their personal interests and reach a compromise. So we can see the birth of this expansion set that will bring new life to our beloved Vtes and throughout our community.

Supertoc

(sorry for my bad english)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Clément, vragozakas, Alex O

More
24 Apr 2012 16:38 - 24 Apr 2012 17:03 #28602 by Wedge

We are aiming for usable but not game breaking. Power level along the lines of Enhanced Senses, Sense the Savage Way, Public Trust, Cavalier, Torn Signpost.

I find this list to be within acceptable power levels, with the exception of Cavalier. I appreciate that you included it in you list of examples.
Cavalier is exactly the kind of card I am concerned about. To date there are 4 TWD's with one copy of it. I do not think that giving multi-act to any(?) clan to be a small thing. If it was not a HttB rare, I feel we would see more decks with more copies of it in the TWDA. It was printed as a rare for a reason.

I believe part of the fun of a CCG is making trades that are sometimes hard.
I cannot say that I am in favor of printing more cards, but if they are to be printed.
1) I do not want them to make old decks(my collection) obsolete.
2) I feel the first set should be conservative.
There is time yet, before stagnation sets in.
Last edit: 24 Apr 2012 17:03 by Wedge.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds