file New set in 2012

23 Nov 2011 19:31 #15679 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: New set in 2012

So, for a game you have shelled load´s of €/$ , you are complaining about a pack of shields for your deck?

Do you mean, "Are you complaining about the cost of deck sleeves?" No, I am not complaining about the cost of deck sleeves.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2011 19:34 #15681 by Vermeulen
Replied by Vermeulen on topic Re: New set in 2012
So,what are you complaining about then?

Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
23 Nov 2011 19:44 - 23 Nov 2011 19:45 #15682 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: New set in 2012

So,what are you complaining about then?

The manner by which these cards are being "printed" effectively requires players to sleeve their decks. It's analogous to allowing people who play with VEKN-approved beads to begin the game with 31 pool - it gives them a small edge over players who choose not to use VEKN-approved beads. The effect of this in actual play is greatly reduced by the new set being only crypt cards, since you already know I'm not playing with any vampires from the new Blood-Dimmed Tides set if the first vampire I influence out is Anson, regardless of whether or not my crypt is sleeved. But if future fan sets include library cards, not sleeving becomes more important.

Not a huge deal, and not to worry, my panties remain unbunched. But I think that the official announcement of this new set is a good reason to open a serious discussion about why proxies are not going to be allowed in tournament play when the VEKN is already allowing non-WW cards in competitive play.
Last edit: 23 Nov 2011 19:45 by Kushiel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal, Tosh

More
23 Nov 2011 19:54 #15684 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: New set in 2012
Succulent Vitae and Thin Blood are wallpaper. They are cards that no one ever use - isn´t that the definition of wallpaper?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
23 Nov 2011 20:13 #15686 by Dorrinal
Replied by Dorrinal on topic Re: New set in 2012

Not a huge deal, and not to worry, my panties remain unbunched. But I think that the official announcement of this new set is a good reason to open a serious discussion about why proxies are not going to be allowed in tournament play when the VEKN is already allowing non-WW cards in competitive play.

Indeed, if this fan set is considered a success, VEKN will have to make some tough decisions. Especially if that coincides with a greater demand for cards that are OOP.

:trem:

More
23 Nov 2011 22:04 #15700 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: New set in 2012
Before HttB some people argued that :THN: is worse than :QUI:, afterward those people are silent. Coincidence ?

@Ashur, most :QUI: cards are wallpaper. How many combat cards from said combat-oriented discipline is played ? There are 19 cards, people play 2 - selective silence and tod, both of those are mediocre. Out of 13 actions, Loss and Truth of Blood are useful, rest is useless. Only Black Sunrise and Blood Awakening are played form reactions, some decks sports deed of heart desire. And thats it.
Quietus don't do anything unique that is worth playing, it's weak in combat, have no good non-bleed actions and don't help in blocking. What is the point in playing quietus then ? It's similar to :CEL: and :POT: that is also useless outside combat, but at least those two are useful in combat.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds